1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Looking for a whiskey buddy

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Stu, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

Hi gang:

I am moving back to Puerto Rico, and unfortunately, cannot find a good bottle of bourbon there. No one distributes the good stuff, just Early Times and Jim Beam. Cannot get my favorites such as Woodford Reserve, George Dickel, Eagle Rare, Old Fitzgerald, Knobb Creek, and Maker's Mark VIP. Was wondering if anyone would ever be up to picking some up for me and sending it along, very carefully, via priority mail.

I would Paypall all expenses of course.

2. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Distinguished Member

Why not, if I could do it, I would be happy to, but first I will have to check the mailing of liqour from the state of GA, I am not sure, but it may be forbidden.

3. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

You know, I'm sure a pint would fit nicely in a pair of Grenson Masterpieces [​IMG] Seriously, I didn't know that would be an issue. If it is, then forget about it, I certainly don't want to put anyone in an uncomfortable position.

4. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Distinguished Member

It might actually, but I will check and see what the situation is and let you know.

5. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior Member

Sounds like a business opportunity to me.

6. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

Except for the fact that out of the 4 million people that live in PR, there's one (Me) that drinks bourbon. For whatever reason, it's not a popular drink there. About all you can find is Early Times. Yech. Now scotch, on the other hand, is plentiful. Go figure.

7. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

Can't you just bring a couple cases with you when you go down there?, shouldn't be duty as it is still in the US...

8. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

I don't really need a case -- in fact I don't really want a bunch of bottles of the same thing. I just like to pick up a small batch from time to time to supplement my collection.