• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Looking for a traditional but slim shoe

mdesq

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new on this board but been lurking for a while. I have been looking for some shoes after wandering into J&M and thinking that their shoes don't look as nice or well made as ones I bought from them 10+ years ago.

I'm fairly young (late 20s), but have always dressed fairly well (in a traditional sense.) I haven't bought dress shoes in a while, but some of my J&Ms have seen a lot of wear and have been to the cobbler a few times, so I was thinking of just replacing them.

I'm looking for a good pair of brown/chili bluchers that I can wear with business casual dress. I do a fair amount of travel, so they might pull occasional double duty and be worn with a tie and jacket when I'm traveling international and trying to keep it light. I visited Nordstrom and took a look at the Allen-Edmonds Delray. When the shoe salesperson went to get my size, she also brought a pair of Santoni Ellison's and said she wanted me to try them as a point of reference. At first I was a little miffed, thinking that she was just trying to sell me something I wasn't interested in. Then when I saw the long pointy toe on the Santoni's, I could hardly keep from laughing. But I tried them on anyway and they were surprisingly comfortable. I like the trim Italian profile and welting. Going back to the Delray, they now looked a little clunky. I'm not a big guy at 5'9" and 130 lbs, so a lot of things that look great on other people can be a little overpowering on me.

Although I'm sure the Delrays would serve my purpose and be decent shoes, I'm thinking maybe I'd like something with a little trimmer profile, but not something like the Santoni that looks like a cross country ski! Any recommendations?

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im not a big fan of the Delray...You can't go wrong with AE's as far as quality for the price. If you want sleek shoes check out Ferragamo. Check out the WAYWT threads or go to Andys and look at the shoe WAYWT theres some sweet shoes over there.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 236 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 117 15.8%
  • 31 - 40