• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a Tom Ford suit desperately need advice!

in2suits

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to style forum but I've read through a lot of the posts. I've learned a lot but I still have some questions. I'm looking to buy a tom ford suit however I'm looking strictly for worn ones since I really don't want to pay full retail for a TF suit. I've seen postings on the marketplace which sell them at around 700 which is alarming to me since a TF retails from 3-5000 so I really question the authenticity.

So my question is, what is the price range for a second hand TF suit and how do I know if it's authentic or not just based on pictures?

Oh and if you happen to be selling a TF suit that is a US 38R or 38S PM me please

Thank you!!!

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second hand clothing is second hand clothing... how much are you expecting it to cost?

I'm not sure if you can buy overseas, but ehaberdasher.co.uk (the UK version of ehaberdasher.com) has some Tom Ford items.

in2suits

Reaction score
idk, I see some selling for 2000 on ebay. How do i tell if its real and not just some chinese tailor's work?

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

idk, I see some selling for 2000 on ebay. How do i tell if its real and not just some chinese tailor's work?

Well, strangely I have seen some fake one that says "Made in China" :lol:. However, if you were to buy one and receive, you should be able to tell very easily if it's real. If you can't tell easily if it's real, then why would you want Tom Ford?

in2suits

Reaction score
I really have no idea what the pricing should be, like I said I'm a big noob when it comes to higher end suits.

addedfuel

Reaction score
it sounds that the only thing you want is the Tom Ford brand suit and knowing it's 'made in somewhere Europe'. Why?

You haven't mentioned anything about fabric and fit, which are the most important elements in a suit. Not everybody looks good in Tom Ford. Even if you have tried a TF suit that looks good on you, you might not the exact cut and size in the 2nd hand market. It'd be a waste of time and money to buy a TF that doesn't fit to a tee.

If you are in need of a suit 'desperately' (as you headlined) try SuitSupply or a MTM tailor for your budget. Otherwise you have to be very patient to find
a used TF suit in that budget, with your size and style. The thing with buying used is you have to wait for a willing seller with the same size as you, and those are extremely rare especially for such a prized item.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I really have no idea what the pricing should be, like I said I'm a big noob when it comes to higher end suits.

700-1000 for a nice TF suit second hand (unworn) is prob market. Used? Under 600.

Last edited:

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, strangely I have seen some fake one that says "Made in China"
lol8[1].gif
. However, if you were to buy one and receive, you should be able to tell very easily if it's real. If you can't tell easily if it's real, then why would you want Tom Ford?
Because he's a brand whore.

Then why do you want Tom Ford?
Because he's a n00b and a brand whore.

in2suits

Reaction score
it sounds that the only thing you want is the Tom Ford brand suit and knowing it's 'made in somewhere Europe'. Why?

You haven't mentioned anything about fabric and fit, which are the most important elements in a suit. Not everybody looks good in Tom Ford. Even if you have tried a TF suit that looks good on you, you might not the exact cut and size in the 2nd hand market. It'd be a waste of time and money to buy a TF that doesn't fit to a tee.

If you are in need of a suit 'desperately' (as you headlined) try SuitSupply or a MTM tailor for your budget. Otherwise you have to be very patient to find
a used TF suit in that budget, with your size and style. The thing with buying used is you have to wait for a willing seller with the same size as you, and those are extremely rare especially for such a prized item.
My budget is 3500 dollars and I know i can probably get an OTR TF for 3500 but at the same time I am hard pressed to spend that kind of money when I can get a worn one for substantially cheaper. My title suggests that I desperately want a TF suit and if I wanted SuitSupply suits I would've titled the thread accordingly. All I mentioned in my post is that I saw one for $700 however due to it's price I am questioning it's authenticity. 700 dollars is NOT my budget

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Post some stuff that you are looking at in the fake or not thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads