• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a tie that looks like this

MystaFist

Reaction score
I have attached two images to this post. The first is a tie that I have that is black on black, and is one that I really like.

I have found that the inside of the tie is just a fantastic pattern for a whole different set of situations / environments. It is a white background bright polka dot pattern. I'm trying to find a tie that has the main part of the tie that looks like the lining of the one I have.

I have done a bunch of searches for bright polka dotted ties and couldn't find anything remotely close. I'm hoping that one of you have come across something that would point me in the right direction.

MystaFist

Reaction score
Interesting recommendation to look at Ted Baker.

The inside of the tie says "City of London" and the tag by the small end says WPL#2831, Made in USA.

Searching for WPL#2831 (I figured that finding the tie I have was a pretty good start), the first result being Ted Baker's site.

Nothing on his site looks remotely like it (or the polka dotted one), I figured I'd look online for his older ties but still nothing.

After more generic searching I came across:
http://www.beautiesltd.com/product/w..._source=pronto

which is as close as I've gotten so far, but not correct.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
"Business in the front, party in the back" tie?
Paul Smith seems another alternative.

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
"Business in the front, party in the back" tie?
Paul Smith seems another alternative.

Ever heard of mullet?

mullet.jpg

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wonder if op is considering wearing the tie back to front.

suzuka

Reaction score
look for Duchamp, it's exactly the type of style you want. Some consider the brand to be loud and tacky but Duchamp commands a premium.

Nautilus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suzuka
look for Duchamp, it's exactly the type of style you want. Some consider the brand to be loud and tacky but Duchamp commands a premium.

Was just going to say the exact same thing. Duchamp London ties are flashy and fun. I personally love some of them, but doubt I would ever have occasion to wear one and so have never splurged on one.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MystaFist
Interesting recommendation to look at Ted Baker.

The inside of the tie says "City of London" and the tag by the small end says WPL#2831, Made in USA.

Searching for WPL#2831 (I figured that finding the tie I have was a pretty good start), the first result being Ted Baker's site.

Nothing on his site looks remotely like it (or the polka dotted one), I figured I'd look online for his older ties but still nothing.

After more generic searching I came across:
http://www.beautiesltd.com/product/w..._source=pronto

which is as close as I've gotten so far, but not correct.

I have a City of London belt which IIRC was purchased at either Century21, Daffy's or SYMS. Might try searching at those stores.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm going to say Duchamp, Paul Smith, maybe Etro though probably not, and check some other random guys like Richard James, Robert Graham, etc

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads