Looking for a tie similar to this

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by Jigg, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Jigg

Jigg Senior member

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

You'll have more trouble finding combos that don't work with a blue suit. Solid blue and white shirts in a variety of fabrics/textures is your safest bet. What is your budget for a tie?

3. oldsmobile98

oldsmobile98 Active Member

Looks similar to the Brook Brothers #3 Repp Stripe, which is only available in that color in 62" length right now instead of the normal 58" length. They'll restock the regular length at some point. Me, I'd hunt on eBay until I found what I wanted.

If you do wear this tie with that suit, wear a white shirt. Or at least not a blue one. Three blues can be done, but they have to be the right shades.

The squirrel is right, though. Mostly anything will go with that suit. If you do solid shirt/patterned tie or patterned shirt/solid tie, it'll be hard to mess up. If you do mess it up, post pics.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016

4. Jigg

Jigg Senior member

Thank you-I don't have a budget per se, this is for a special occasion and I want to look sharp.

5. Jigg

Jigg Senior member

Looks like the original tie has some texture or a design to it.

6. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

Difficult to tell with the moire.

7. Alpha11

Alpha11 Senior member

The tie that the reporter or sportscast announcer has would NOT be a Brooks Brothers tie from what I can tell as the direction of the stripes are going the wrong way. Mr. Brooks made it a point to make the pattern of his stripes go the opposite direction from the original tie designs from England. However, it would still look much better with a white shirt with either one of those ties. If for whatever reason you can not find the tie the reporter has on and you are open to the BB tie then take the photo to a store and have the SA do a inventory inquiry to search all stores if the warehouse does not have it.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016