• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a tie and shoes for a ink blue groom suit

maqroll

Reaction score
Dear all,

i just got my new suit for my weeding, from the beginning i was looking forward a everyday suit but with something special for this day. I think that the tailor reached my expectations but now i have an issue and it is to find the proper tie and shoes.

We start with the shoes, i always thought that the black could be the best option but after made a test i am not convince. Probably my current black shoes should be more shinny. I was thinking about a black brown color or black blue. Anyway therefore i am here for advise

About the tie, no clue, in the place where i bought the suit, they recommended my a gold tie, it fits but i would like to hear other opinions.

Here the pictures

22HEXYj.jpg

FmrrGpe.jpg

Mt8pvpH.jpg

dapperguy80

Reaction score
The mustard yellow tie compliments the color of your suit, I would go for a tan wingtip brogue shoes. Actually a black captoe would also work on this. What would be the color of your pocket square?

maqroll

Reaction score
The mustard yellow tie compliments the color of your suit, I would go for a tan wingtip brogue shoes. Actually a black captoe would also work on this. What would be the color of your pocket square?

Thank you for your reply
I like the idea of a wingtip but tan i am afraid that i won´t be very formal, i am the groom.

A whole cut makes not sense right? I found the below one and i think that they fit with the color of the suit.
https://sapatariadocarmo.com/collection/man/oxford/17287-oxford-black-suits-men

About your advise for the black one, i found this one

https://www.meermin.es/in_es/10248021190000se-19-102480-freudenberg-negro-e-negro.html

About the pocket square no idea yet, some advise?

stylish_raven

Reaction score
I think a light magenta colour might suit too!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads