• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a stylish medium weight jacket

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather here in PDX is still in the 40s and 50s, not cold enough for my peacoat.

I would appreciate receiving some recommendations on a nice jacket that I could use either with polos and jeans/chinos or with more business casual attire like a nice OCBD and wool trousers. Something in the sub-$150 range maybe?

StylingUK

Reaction score
A peacoat can go with your casual wear. There have been lots of threads about that.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I know that a peacoat will work - however, it is not cold enough here for a peacoat. When the temperature drops closer to freezing, I'll get it out.

My query was for some advice on a lighter jacket that is can work with both jeans and business casual. Ski jackets are out, since they will do the former but not the latter.

gawkrodger

Reaction score
I was going to say Belstaff (note, I say that for every thread about jackets) but then I noticed your budget

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe up to $200, but my budget won't really stretch beyond that given the circumstances.

mensoption

Reaction score
What do you say about the Ben Sherman Double Brested Trench? It' s just under 200$
wink.gif

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Short zip black or grey jacket perhaps? See Gap or BR for the less expensive end. Or a decent blazer in dark grey, black, or brown?

Or go for a lightweight cardigan. Those can easily be dressed up or down.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
It's cheaper in the long run to just move out of Portland.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woolrich woolen mills upland jacket.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Maybe a Harrington?

This would definitely make for a great look with an OCBD. Very mod-ish and relatively cheap, depending on the make.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads