• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a Starter Zegna

Oneitis

Reaction score
Was hoping for a little advice. Looking to upgrade my suit selection and want to try my first Zegna. Most of my suits are RLBL from the twice yearly sales and that is about the fit/price I prefer.

Any advice on moving in to a Zegna? Looks like there's quite an assortment of cuts and fabrics compared to RLBL. Kind of overwhelmed. Thanks in advance

Grigory

Reaction score
Just don't expect Zegna to be very slim. I have 3 Zegna sport coats - 2 of them fit great. I'm average (not too slim
smile.gif
) 40r - and I look and feel best in these Zegnas and Polo RL suits. The third one I bought here on SF is just huge
eh.gif

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
The Roma and the Milano are two of their best cuts. They are on the slimmer side of things, in 2010/2011 models.

What he said, friend.

Especially the Milano if you're looking for slim-cut.

Roma - what I've had experience in to date - is the less fitting of the two, but that's nothing that a little nipping at the waist can't solve.

CEK Out

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist
What he said, friend.

Especially the Milano if you're looking for slim-cut.

Roma - what I've had experience in to date - is the less fitting of the two, but that's nothing that a little nipping at the waist can't solve.

CEK Out

Though I think the Roma has gotten slimmer. I have two Roma suits from '07/'08 and both needed the jackets taken in, while the tux I bought this year (probably from F09, lady at outlet wasn't 100% sure) fit perfectly OTR.

KayJay85

Reaction score
Ive been looking for a deal on a Milano but had no luck. Any suggestions

PS: sorry for the threadjack

Oneitis

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Just a quick question RE the Milano suit pants.

Not too slim? Straight cut like the BL? Or more skinny leg like many of the "hip" suits these days which I don't find especially flattering on me. I'm hoping slim but not skinny with a decent leg opening.

Thanks!

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oneitis
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Just a quick question RE the Milano suit pants.

Not too slim? Straight cut like the BL? Or more skinny leg like many of the "hip" suits these days which I don't find especially flattering on me. I'm hoping slim but not skinny with a decent leg opening.

Thanks!

Similar to the BL, but a couple minor differences. The rise is a tad higher, but not noticeably so, the upper leg is just a tiny bit fuller, and then they taper just a tad more. If BL fits/looks good on you, Milano will to.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You really should try things on.

There are Milano jackets cut closer and those cut more normal. Same thing for pants. Personally unless one of us is your twin all we can do is discuss how things fit us. This may or may not be similar to how they'll fit you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads