• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a sport coat (NYC)

TexasToast

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for good advice!

I am starting to think I might have to increase the price range to ~1500 USD. I will certainly pay a visit to the Armoury, but I'm not sure what are my chances of finding anything off the rack. Does anyone know what would be the price range for finding any entry level MTM/Bespoke that would fit my needs in NYC?

I will certainly look into I Sarti Italiani!
As far as MTM in NYC my one and only experience has been with Kashiyama. For my first MTM suit it was a very nice experience, They had me try on some jackets and pants to get me in the ballpark then took measurements. I sat down and picked out fabrics, colors styles and all the particulars that go with MTM. I waited 3 weeks and went in to pick up my suit then try it on to see if alterations were needed and none were needed. My biggest regret is that I didn't get surgeons cuffs it might have been over the top but oh well. I know you didn't ask for the experience but it was my first time and I like to share the story of my first MTM suit. Doh I forgot they do MTM jackets as well.

Last edited:

Nitrogen

Reaction score
As far as MTM in NYC my one and only experience has been with Kashiyama. For my first MTM suit it was a very nice experience, They had me try on some jackets and pants to get me in the ballpark then took measurements. I sat down and picked out fabrics, colors styles and all the particulars that go with MTM. I waited 3 weeks and went in to pick up my suit then try it on to see if alterations were needed and none were needed. My biggest regret is that I didn't get surgeons cuffs it might have been over the top but oh well. I know you didn't ask for the experience but it was my first time and I like to share the story of my first MTM suit. Doh I forgot they do MTM jackets as well.

I have a Kashiyama suit, which turned out relatively ok for the price. It took me three fittings to get there though. They do not make sport coats.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Kashiyama suit, which turned out relatively ok for the price. It took me three fittings to get there though. They do not make sport coats.
If they make suits, how can they not make sport costs? Just ask for no pants and sport coat fabrics like hopsack or something.

Nitrogen

Reaction score
If they make suits, how can they not make sport costs? Just ask for no pants and sport coat fabrics like hopsack or something.

Well, perhaps I got the wrong impression, but their fabric selection didn't strike me as something very suitable for sportcoats.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, perhaps I got the wrong impression, but their fabric selection didn't strike me as something very suitable for sportcoats.
These all look suitable for sport coats and like there may be something that would work. Re: your experience, I’d imagine if you were looking at suits when you ordered yours they’d have pulled bunches more focused on suiting rather than sport coats.

Nitrogen

Reaction score
I didn't see anything that I'd particularly like, but perhaps I need to pay Kashiyama another visit.

TexasToast

Reaction score
You're mistaken they specifically make sportscoats and pants separately.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads