• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a similar leather jacket like Jeff Goldblum used to wear in Jurassic Park

Tailslol

Reaction score
Does anyone remember Goldblum's leather jacket in Jurassic Park? I'm trying to find a jacket exactly like that one, but when I ask around in stores for leather jackets, they either show me lamb leather blazers which are way too smooth and classic looking, or leather coats. Does anyone have any idea where one can find such a harsher looking leather jacket, which doesn't look that classic, and isn't a coat?
JP-IanMalcolm.jpg

z7f9q

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't see much of the jacket, but it seems like you'd have a shot at finding one secondhand.

Tailslol

Reaction score
Why second hand? Don't they make jackets like this anymore?

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a leather blazer.

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Not relevant, but I am a big fan of Jeff Goldblum. I would watch almost anything Jeff Goldblum had graced with his presence.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That jacket is awful. Oversized.

Tailslol

Reaction score
I'll make sure to buy the one which is right size for me, being oversized for Ian Malcolm is irrelevant isn't it?
smile.gif
But any idea what kind of leather that is?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That jacket doesn't look like leather. I'd bet dollars to donuts it's a fake-leather substitute. As I recall, Goldblum's character was kind of a hippie guy and it wouldn't surprise me if he's vegetarian and the jacket is one of those fake-leather things. Consider:

http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/webstor...:referralID=NA

Having said that, the jacket looks terribly oversized, and while the style is decent, you shouldn't buy a faux leather jacket because you're just supporting the petroleum industry at the expense of the meat industry. Leather > faux leather every time.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one is better:

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
In light of his inherent awesomeness, I am now going to share some good pictures of my man Mr. Goldblum. I fully expect to see multiple threads entitled "Where can I find Jeff Goldblum's XXX?"

jg.jpg
blum.jpg
Jeff%20Goldblum%20Life%20Aquatic.jpg
16620_jeff_goldblum_is_watching_you_poop.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads