• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Looking for a similar leather jacket like Jeff Goldblum used to wear in Jurassic Park

Tailslol

Reaction score
Does anyone remember Goldblum's leather jacket in Jurassic Park? I'm trying to find a jacket exactly like that one, but when I ask around in stores for leather jackets, they either show me lamb leather blazers which are way too smooth and classic looking, or leather coats. Does anyone have any idea where one can find such a harsher looking leather jacket, which doesn't look that classic, and isn't a coat?

z7f9q

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't see much of the jacket, but it seems like you'd have a shot at finding one secondhand.

Tailslol

Reaction score
Why second hand? Don't they make jackets like this anymore?

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a leather blazer.

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Not relevant, but I am a big fan of Jeff Goldblum. I would watch almost anything Jeff Goldblum had graced with his presence.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That jacket is awful. Oversized.

Tailslol

Reaction score
I'll make sure to buy the one which is right size for me, being oversized for Ian Malcolm is irrelevant isn't it?
But any idea what kind of leather that is?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That jacket doesn't look like leather. I'd bet dollars to donuts it's a fake-leather substitute. As I recall, Goldblum's character was kind of a hippie guy and it wouldn't surprise me if he's vegetarian and the jacket is one of those fake-leather things. Consider:

http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/webstor...:referralID=NA

Having said that, the jacket looks terribly oversized, and while the style is decent, you shouldn't buy a faux leather jacket because you're just supporting the petroleum industry at the expense of the meat industry. Leather > faux leather every time.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one is better:

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
In light of his inherent awesomeness, I am now going to share some good pictures of my man Mr. Goldblum. I fully expect to see multiple threads entitled "Where can I find Jeff Goldblum's XXX?"

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.