• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a patricular kind of waistcoat !

Reapersoul

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is my first post here, so I'm not sure if this is against the rules, but...I certainly hope it isn't ! Anyway, I will keep this short, basically I've seen an outfit and fallen in love with it and would like to try something similar to it myself, just to see if I can pull it off !

This is the outfit :

http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?im...fgdfghdfgf.png

Does anyone know where I can find a waistcoat similar to the one in that picture ? I think for the outfit to work, it would have to have the lapels like that one, and I've looked around but I can't find anything similar. Can anyone please help ?

Everything else I can buy pretty easily, the blazer is just a nice fitted one (how much does it cost to get a suit tailored?), the jeans are jeans, and the tshirt I don't like so much to be honest.

Anyone able to help me please ? Doesn't need to be exactly the same, just similar...I really like the one in it, though apparently it is vintage ! Preferably something cheap too...you know how it is !
frown.gif

Reapersoul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngscientist
If you are in the US you could look in urban outfitters, in the UK try urban outfitters and all saints.

I'm in Ireland !
frown.gif

Thanks for the help though, I was thinking of ordering a jacket from allsaints anyway
smile.gif

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its just a waistcoat with lapels. Topman had a couple.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a waistcoat with lapels - what's the big deal? Order one from Bookster or Pakeman or Ede & Ravenscroft.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cas Ruffin
I like all the buttons.

The only vests recently that I've seen with so many buttons were at a Bottega Veneta store, and in fact, they might have had even more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads