1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Looking for a particular sweater

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnnynorman3, Jan 24, 2005.

1. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Distinguished Member

I'm looking for a heather gray slightly heavier wool (i.e. not thin) zip up sweater, with either a ribbed or cable-knit. I'd like it to be at least semi-fitted. I know places like BR and J Crew produce such a thing, but I'm looking for something a little less ordinary cut.

Anyone seen anything like this?

2. spatten

spatten Senior Member

The price is right .... STP Cullen sweater I bought this and the styling is a bit different, in particular the collar is almost mock turtleneck with zipper. Â I have some nice pieces by Cullen, but the fabric in this sweater is not great. So at 50$ its a deal - I wouldn't pay 100$ for it though, let alone 145$.

3. johnapril

johnapril Distinguished Member

Gran Sasso.

4. johnnynorman3

Nice choice. How's the fit on it? In particular, I really dislike sweaters that have no taper from chest to hip -- in other words, "tent" sweaters. Also, what's wrong with the fabric? Too coarse?

5. RIDER

RIDER Distinguished Member

6. johnnynorman3

Johnapril,

Gran Sasso is a good choice. How's the quality on those things? I actually saw a Gran Sasso piece at Stonestreets that nearly matched what I am looking for, but I was so dismayed at the service I received that I left. But if the GS quality is good, the price was right.

7. spatten

spatten Senior Member

To the best of my memory the fit is good, slight taper.  I tend to have an average figure neither sculpted nor spare tire - and it fits me well.   Yeah, the fabric is course - that's it exactly.  Nothing like the nice Gran Sasso/ Jhane Barnes zip sweaters I have been collecting.  You might try Mark Shale online - they usually have a selection of Gran Sasso, and a sale about now.  

Edit - The quality on Gran Sasso is really good from my experience.

Good Luck,
    Scott