• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a new wallet

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new wallet. I should like it in leather and to go in the inner pocket of my blazer/sportcoat/overcoat.

I like the ones on Aspinal, Launer, Ettinger &c. but just wanted to ask to see if anything else popped up.

Any suggestions?

kiLLscaLLion

Reaction score
I'm definitely eyeing Launer myself.

I've never heard of Aspinal or Ettinger. How's their quality compared to Launer?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd imagine a tiny bit lesser. There was a Launer wallet on eBay i had my eye on, but it disappeared under mysterious circumstances. The exotic Launer collection is marvelous.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a Launer calf and lizard wallet and I'm very satisfied!

AgentQ

Reaction score
My Berluti wallet has served me very well, actually. The flexibility in color choice (they will change the color for you at any time) is very nice too.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ettinger is great, but too pricey for me.
I love my GlenRoyal and Whitehouse Cox very much.
If you love cordovan, whitehouse cox cordovan wallet is just lovely.
Both brands made in United Kingdom.

theoldadage

Reaction score
I have the Aspinal billfold in chestnut EBL and I love it. Had it about 2 years now and I think they are great value for money. Will post pics later of how its fared if you like

SirWilliam

Reaction score
I would also look at wallets from Swaine Adeney Brigg and Smythson.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And keep an eye on eBay, that's where I got mine, no way I'd have spent that much money (full retail).

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theoldadage
I have the Aspinal billfold in chestnut EBL and I love it. Had it about 2 years now and I think they are great value for money. Will post pics later of how its fared if you like
That would be great if you've got the spare time.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pabloj
And keep an eye on eBay, that's where I got mine, no way I'd have spent that much money (full retail).

Which one did you get?

kiLLscaLLion

Reaction score
I value leather quality a lot. How soft is the leather on Aspinal wallets? They're half the price of Launer wallets so if the difference in leather quality isn't that much, I might shoot for an Aspinal one. The exchange rate probably won't get any lower.

aldica

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the quality issue. Regardless, one thing I found out the hard way, the tiered pockets for credit cards adds to, rather than subtracts from, bulk and thickness. I carry a double pocket bi-fold. One side holds three credit cards, the other side holds six business cards and three photos.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyoneill
Which one did you get?
Black calf with orange lizard, thanks to a post by RJMan(now bearpig) in "Cool shoes etc."

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pabloj
Black calf with orange lizard, thanks to a post by RJMan(now bearpig) in "Cool shoes etc."

I bet thats stunning.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads