• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a "high value" sport coat source

koalb

Reaction score
I appreciate good materials and construction, and love quality fabrics, but I'm not a man of unlimited means.

Where's a good place to look for "high value" jackets - and I guess suits for that matter.

Have a few Zegna suits (but make those purchases very sparingly).

Was looking at a Zegna sport coat yesterday ($2000 on sale).

Is there such a thing as a "high value" sport coat - in the $500 to $1000 range?

Where?

Thanks, and happy holidays!

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi koalb!

In my book, high value SC would be that very same Zegna in the $500-$1000 range
smile.gif

Now, really depends on many things: your location (availability of outlets with large discounts), which Zegna line are we talking about, etc, etc... If it is a mainline Zegna, I wouldn't consider $2000 much of a discount. I personally do not have experience with Zegna, but brands of similar quality/price such as Pal Zileri, Corneliani etc, I was able to find great stuff (suits and jackets) in the above mentioned price range. Even better stuff from makers such as Belvest, Caruso etc.

Assuming you don't have access to B&M outlets, ebay is a good place (usually there is a good description of the item in terms of dimensions), yoox also (a bit of a crap shot, but good return policy). The key is to know what you like, what fits you and what are your measurements.

Supergenius

Reaction score
Virtual Clothes Horse, Shop the Finest, B&S here on SF are all good bets. Saks off Fifth, NM Last Call. Sierra Trading Post carries Isaia, believe it or not. If you want to stretch to bespoke, I have used Jonathan Behr in LA and his bespoke SCs are probably a little less than $2000 (depending on fabric) and they are full bespoke. I (and my father) have lots of stuff from him and he's awesome.

koalb

Reaction score
I remember seeing a ranking floating around here of various suit brands.

So does that listing hold up for blazers as well?

Kord

Last edited:

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can deal with things being slightly worn but in excellent condition, best way to do this is to start following the Luxeswap thread and checking out @SpooPoker and his offerings. some excellent stuff there.

facet

Reaction score
Check out ehaberdasher, he has his own line of suits and sportcoats. If you can find your size and colour you're not going to find much better value for your dollar. He's also doing preorders on a run of sportcoats right now.

koalb

Reaction score
Thanks all for the tips. I've been studying up on eBay a bit.

One follow up question - is it possible (?) to find current season items on sale?

Is there a winning strategy for doing that?

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
I appreciate good materials and construction, and love quality fabrics, but I'm not a man of unlimited means.

Where's a good place to look for "high value" jackets - and I guess suits for that matter.

Have a few Zegna suits (but make those purchases very sparingly).

Was looking at a Zegna sport coat yesterday ($2000 on sale).

Is there such a thing as a "high value" sport coat - in the $500 to $1000 range?

Where?

Thanks, and happy holidays!

Check out Eidos Napoli, Ring Jacket, Suitsupply's Jort (2 nice summer sportcoats)

stylesofman

Reaction score
Try Nordstrom Rack, Neiman Marcus Last Call, & the buy & sell forums aren't bad, although those have inherent risk in them.
Now would actually be a great time to check Neiman Marcus for sales on blazers. I think they're going to be shifting inventory soon for Spring

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
It seems like he wants a zegna in the 500 dollar range - that only happens at outlet / discount stores. Even Neimans Marcus's First Call sale does not get marked down THAT much - its usually like 3000 down to 2000 or 1500 or 1000 at best.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads