1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Looking for a good tailor in Rochester NY/Syracuse

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by demeis, Dec 6, 2004.

1. demeis

demeis Distinguished Member

Looking for a good tailor in Rochester NY/Syracuse. Anyone know any or have a recommendation?

2. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Adrian Jules is in Rochester. They do a lot of MTM contract work for NYC stores and tailors. The quality is comparable to Martin Greenfield (canvas front, hand stitching where it counts). The price is much lower than a comparable garment purchased in Manhattan. And, unlike Greenfield, they take walk-ins. The website doesn't seem to be working, but here is the address in any case: http://www.adrianjules.com/

3. shoefan

shoefan Senior Member

Depending on what you're looking for, I would suggest you call the Hickey Freeman factory store in Rochester.  If you want RTW clothes, they have some great sales there; at a minimum, get on their mailing list.  If you want some clothes tailored, they probably can recommend someone good.  

Adrian Jules is another good suggestion.  My impression is they can do a Grade 5 garment (the top grade, if I'm not mistaken).

Let us know how it goes.

4. demeis

demeis Distinguished Member

I'm just looking to get some tailoring done right now. I think a MTM suit is a little out of my price range and needs at the moment. What i'm really looking for is someone i can go to and have a suit altered and know it looks good and they are giving my correct information. That right now is my biggest concern with finding a tailor.