1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a good pair of classic non-distressed black/dark blue jeans

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by jack8787, Aug 7, 2016.

1. jack8787

jack8787 New Member

I've tried to search this for a bit but I haven't been able to get a good list of options of what I'm looking for.

I frequently go out to nicer areas of downtown large cities (Boston, NYC, Chicago, DC) at night either for travel or in the one that I live. I am in my late 20s/early 30s and I'm looking for a classic looking pair of jeans for these weekend dates, nights out, and what not. I typically wear nice casual button downshirts/some casual allen edmond shoes if that matters.
    I don't want anything with a bunch of patterns or or some sort of skinny jeans. I workout a lot and I think that sort style just doesn't work for me. Straight leg only.

I've realized by now that quality and spending a tad more is much better than buying something cheaper that I'm unhappy with and throw away after a year.

I have a 32 inseam - if that matters - I've seen a lot of the nicer jeans come only with inseams of 36?

I appreciate your help!

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Well, you definitely aren't short on options because there are a ton. A lot of good selvedge denim comes with a standard 35-36", but they are designed to be cuffed/rolled. If you don't like that look, you can have them hemmed by a tailor.

You can look for Naked & Famous, Tellason, APC, Levi's 501 Selvedge, Gustin, etc.