• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a decent boot ~250 dollar, must be shipped from EU

aPaleDragon

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I hope I'm allowed to post requests here. I have been browsing for a few days but ultimately couldn't find anything that met my criteria. I'm just looking for a halfway decent black boot up to 250 dollar (or 200 euro) max.

Must be shipped from the EU since paying taxes (and thus exceeding the 250 dollars) isn't an option.

I looked into Velasca and even read the thread, some people post that there are better alternatives but didn't name them. Sadly they don't have my style available right now, it's sold out. So maybe you could help me out.

What I do not consider is Meermin, I had a pair once and the break-in was harder than any other shoe (including Red Wing), so I didn't manage to push through.

Any help is much appreciated!

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I hope I'm allowed to post requests here. I have been browsing for a few days but ultimately couldn't find anything that met my criteria. I'm just looking for a halfway decent black boot up to 250 dollar (or 200 euro) max.

Must be shipped from the EU since paying taxes (and thus exceeding the 250 dollars) isn't an option.

I looked into Velasca and even read the thread, some people post that there are better alternatives but didn't name them. Sadly they don't have my style available right now, it's sold out. So maybe you could help me out.

What I do not consider is Meermin, I had a pair once and the break-in was harder than any other shoe (including Red Wing), so I didn't manage to push through.

Any help is much appreciated!
Look at Yanko/Skolyx maybe at those prices. Cheaney has sales right now and might be within budget if you can find your size in some.

aPaleDragon

Reaction score
Thank you, those are great suggestions! I'd have prefered Cheaney, but after the Brexit those are roughly 570 dollars after taxes / duties and sale prices are already considered.

adrianvo

Reaction score
I'd honestly save up a bit more or increase my budget.
if you spent about 50 euros more, you'd get a lot more for your money.

You're right beneath a threshold where "meh" meets "nice".

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sadly, I think Thursday Boots would only ship from the US.

aPaleDragon

Reaction score
You are right adrianvo, I've just sold some older stuff and ordered a Grant Stone Diesel. I definitely need something longer lasting and robust, I really hope I made the right choice there.

thedose

Reaction score
@aPaleDragon What size are you?

I have some brand new Jack Erwin Chester boots in Mocha? brown that I am about to sell. I am in the US though, but could work something out with shipping to you.

They've only been worn around the house, and have been sitting in my closet. I'd prefer they get used than go to the thrift store.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads