• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Looking for a comfy walking shoe

tyates

Reaction score
I developed a heel spur on both my feet and am looking for a comfy casual stylish shoe that is durable and lightweight and have some sort of heel cushioning. I'm not looking for anything too expensive (under $200), just something I can bum around in.

I like the ecco strike tie oxfords :

From past posts, it seems like there are a lot of negatives about eccos, but I like these shoes.

Is there anything else I should consider? Can someone comment on the durability of these ecco shoes?

Teger

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I walk probably 6-8 miles 5 days a week, and I've found the key to being comfortable is: a. getting shoes that fit (seriously, most people wear shoes too big/too small), wearing thick comfortable socks and letting your feet toughen up. I own Fred Perry sneakers, Clark's Desert Boots, adidas, nike and topsiders, and they're all equally comfortable once broken in. That said, the shoes tht were most comfortable right off the bat were probably the adidas.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I have lots of lots of sneakers. And the most comfortable, I've found, for walking around, are Neil Barrett Chuck-a-likes. Seriously comfortable. And they look great to boot. I got my two pairs at deep, deep discount, off yoox, and the Ebayed pairs are asking for ridiculous prices, but if you come on a pair for under $200, I'd jump. They run about a size large.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mauby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out the casual shoes from Born. bornshoes.com They have a good selection. I find them to be very comfortable walking shoes. Here's the pair I currently have.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heel spurs are very uncomfortable and I'd certainly pass you from the whole "tough it out" talk. I don't have any specific recommendations to you unfortunately, but most of the brands listed seem good.

Wish you the best, and if it becomes the cause of excessive agony in from day to day there are some treatment options, and at worse, surgery.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really recommend New Balance 574.. the most comfortable shoes for walking ive had, and alot of cushioning.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
get the new balance 992... even more comfortable in my estimation

Eagle

Reaction score
My preference is AE's Wilbert model. Seconds can be had for well under $200, through AE's factory store system.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try Saucony, they are amazingly comfortable and feel really good for your feet.
There not the best looking unfortunately but amazing gym/running shoes.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 16.8%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 148 33.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 133 29.8%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.2%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%