• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a comfy pair of men's brown leather ankle boots, UK...

ElPrincipe

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm in the market for a good stylish pair of men's brown ankle boots and need some recommendations (in the UK). Ideally they ought to be comfortable as well, maybe with a somewhat softer sole that the usual rock hard heel that comes in these types of shoes.

I actually bought a pair online which were delivered this Friday but sadly I think they're too uncomfortable and bit too large. Here's some pics (as advertised from where I bought them):

This is exactly how I want them to look (and I love the style, especially with the newspaper effect on the inner lining), but unfortunately I think I'm going to have to return them. Years of back/knee issues make really hard soles unforgiving, and for my smart work shoes, I have a pair designed with a softer sole.

I'm still tempted to hang on to them, but even aside from the issue of comfort, is that of fit. I know in pointier shoes it's normal to have more room (since your toes can't physically sit there), but I have at least an inch in these. They don't come in half sizes and I reckon half a size down would be right, any more too much. Here's roughly where'd I'd say my big toe ends (drawn on in red):

Too much room?

As I say, this is the style and look and I'm going for, but I'm hoping for a boot which combines look and comfort. If anybody knows of any brands/models that they swear by, please feel free to recommend! I generally buy online.

Or if you think these are worth hanging on to, lemme know...

Cheers guys

shabbss

Reaction score
Put 'em up for trade or something. Ask for something comfier, your desired fit etc.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too big. Try on in store.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics