• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

looking for A Coat

zloubi

Reaction score
Sorry to open new thread but didn't find similar one(or maybe didnt look cleverly) ...
i need some help cause i'm looking for a coat but i don't know how do you call that kind of coat and where can i find it in europe if possible (or just tell me in what kind of shop)...
this kind of coat :

thanks in advance for help ...

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zloubi
Sorry to open new thread but didn't find similar one(or maybe didnt look cleverly) ...
i need some help cause i'm looking for a coat but i don't know how do you call that kind of coat and where can i find it in europe if possible (or just tell me in what kind of shop)...
this kind of coat :

see this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=93743

zloubi

Reaction score
thanks but it doesn't seem to me that it's really the same kind of coat , maybe i should check on that topic , but i don't really like the picture of the jackets there , it didn't seem to me like a barbour-like jacket .
anyway there are some coat like that on barbour , bur i wonder is there some other shop selling coats more like in that picture (maybe not exactely)

zloubi

Reaction score
thanks but it doesn't seem to me that it's really the same kind of coat , maybe i should check on that topic , but i don't really like the picture of the jackets there , it didn't seem to me like a barbour-like jacket . anyway there are some coat like that on barbour , bur i wonder is there some other shop selling coats more like in that picture (maybe not exactely)
still thanks a lot i've seen some interesting in barbour shop , but actually didnt liked the pure quilted jacked , i would prefer will less strips , or less visible , and some other kind of tissue ... I don't know if what i'm saying really exist , but i'm looking for a coat with a mix of the one from picture and kinda mongols "coats" ... if that speaks to anyone , feel free to suggest ... but still thanks for the help , the barbour site helps a bite ...

agavilanes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this kind of coat :

do a search on ebay for "quilted coat" and check the results on mens outerwear. I'm sure you'll find something similar. Also check barbour and ralph lauren

zloubi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by agavilanes
do a search on ebay for "quilted coat" and check the results on mens outerwear. I'm sure you'll find something similar. Also check barbour and ralph lauren

thank you very much i'll see that

zloubi

Reaction score
New question , cause that's not easy to find what exactely i'm looking for ...
anyone know what's that material is called ?
(of the coat) :

zloubi

Reaction score
actually i'm just looking for that kind of material (or should say tissue) ans same shape , not the same length , but i'm looking for this kind of coat , but don't know how to find that ...

Irond Will

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks rather like something you might pick up at a renaissance faire. You might check some of those costuming sites for something like the falconer's jacket.

For a standard quilted coat, they're pretty common at outdoors manufacturers. Maybe LL Bean?

zloubi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Irond Will
It looks rather like something you might pick up at a renaissance faire. You might check some of those costuming sites for something like the falconer's jacket.

For a standard quilted coat, they're pretty common at outdoors manufacturers. Maybe LL Bean?

as far as i've seen quilted coat they seem close of that shap but i'm looking for a quilted coat with this type of tissu (in the photo) but i'm not able to find what kind of tissue is it ...

zloubi

Reaction score
as far as i've seen quilted coat they seem close of that shap but i'm looking for a quilted coat with this type of tissu (in the photo) but i'm not able to find what kind of tissue is it ...

No one as an idea of what that tissue is at least ?

ville_e

Reaction score
this kind of coat :

That's a pic of Bernard Madoff!!!
devil.gif

You can find a coat like that from ex. barbour, brooks brothers and husky (italian brand).

zloubi

Reaction score
thanks
i'll like the quitled style but not the tissue of the coat , prefer more somthing like in the secon pic i showed the mongolian guy coat a kind of "velours"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads