• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a cheap suit UNDER 250 any suggestions?

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there still a Syms on Rockville Pike? I have not been "home" in a long time, so I don't remember.

There is always E-bay. $250 will score you a GOOD suit on E-bay. You just have to know how to look and be vigilant.

Mike

stylehawk

Reaction score
I think Express is a good bet. I got a summer suit for under $175 that I wore for my wedding. Not sure about your body type, but the suits have a tailored fit, but they look really great for that price!

-sH

chison

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timeless Fashion
Who's having the sale - Macys, Nordstrom Rack or BB Outlet?

sorry, bb outlet and main store are currently having a sale, the rack has suits at 35 or 50% off, haven't been in macy's so can't say about them

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
h&m on f st. the men's suits run from 120-300ish

the proper men's collection is fused suiting but it's cheap, fits well, and gets the job done if you hardly have to wear suits like me.

Meursault-

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylehawk
I think Express is a good bet. I got a summer suit for under $175 that I wore for my wedding.

uhoh.gif
colgate.gif

bobbers

Reaction score
Try the Marshalls on the corner of Montrose Road/Rockville Pike. If you're lucky you might find a marked down Hickey Freeman approaching your price range.

ranker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apwrxmd
Hey fellas, I was looking for a cheap suit for one of my freinds who needs one for job interviews, since he recently graduated college.

He asked me to help him out and was I thinking of going to to Zara, H&M, or Express maybe.

The only problem is that he only has about 250 (at most) to spend on it. So I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions. I live in Maryland near DC if that helps.

Thanks in advance

You can get a Zara suit for 300$ at full price. With the way the economy is and the slashing of the prices, I've seen the suits go for 150-200$ at Zara. However, that was two weeks ago when the sale first started.

Sadly enough, I got more compliments on my narrow lapel navy Zara '08 suit (a knock off of the thom browne suit) than I do with my RLBL or Kiton. Makes me wonder if I should bring it out of retirement.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads