• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a chalk stripe navy suit.

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace an old JC Penny blue chalk stripe.
Brooks Brothers has their 1818 model on sale. How good is it for $598 sale price?

Or if anybody knows of a maker that offers a chalk stripe in flat fronts thats a possibility also.

Any thoughts?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I have the 1818 model in a light gray chalk stripe. I like the suit a lot, and it has held up well over the years (at least 5, maybe closer to 10). I think I paid less than that, but then again it was years ago. I'd say that with a lot of legwork you may be able to improve a bit on the price, but probably not dramatically so. But others probably know better because I haven't really shopped there in years.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you might find some good deals at brooks brothers right now, during the january/ after xmas sales:

Just a few other ideas to keep in mind, tho-- not sure what your size is, but here is a good looking suit in 44Long; http://www.virtualclotheshorse.com/i...&att_value=44L

come to think of it, a styleforum member was selling a great looking navy striped suit with FF pants in size 43Long, as well. I posted about it earlier in the week, didn't sell for the very reasonable price of $400

This is probably not your size (this one is 40reg)or what you're looking for-- and it is slightly less than twice what you're looking to spend, but is this one spectacular suit, or what!?!?? very sharp!! can't tell if the sleeves are still basted with white thread or not, but a great deal either way:
http://cgi.ebay.com/T57-NWT-Oxxford-...QQcmdZViewItem

here's a good looking suit in size 46reg, striped although not navy:
http://store.ehaberdasher.com/Detail.bok?no=175

a nice striped 40reg and also 42reg with FF trousers:
http://store.ehaberdasher.com/Detail.bok?no=363

might want to check the hickeyfreeman webpage for sale suits, as well
www.hickeyfreeman.com

If you're set on a brooksbrothers suit, you might check the website to see what's available in the stores or by store order-- or you may be able to order online, and take the suit to the store for alterations: www.brooksbrothers.com

stylepadoin

Reaction score
h&m has a navy suit with chalk stripes that's pretty fly, and will work great if you are on the slim side.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by designprofessor
I'm looking to replace an old JC Penny blue chalk stripe.
Brooks Brothers has their 1818 model on sale. How good is it for $598 sale price?

Or if anybody knows of a maker that offers a chalk stripe in flat fronts thats a possibility also.

Any thoughts?

How about RLPL? Ranchsooner had a bunch of them for sale in the B&S forum lately. I got a very nice navy chalkstripe suit from him for $550 or so.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are a 46R pm me, I have a few duplicate RLPL's and some others. I have a fetish for stripes and gray flannel.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
If you are a 46R pm me, I have a few duplicate RLPL's and some others. I have a fetish for stripes and gray flannel.

hook me up man, I am looking for a nice chalkstrip suit too and I am 46R ......

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads