• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a casual watch

Astan

Reaction score
I ran into Stuhrling. They are fairly cheap so I don't need to be overly concerned about breaking or losing it. What do you guys think. Are they a good brand. Is there anything better for $150-300?

JGP.

Reaction score
I recently ordered a lum-tec m1, just under $300 and looks great. I'm going to put a tan leather strap on it and use it for casual wear. Seems like a really good watch for the price, worth checking out...

Astan

Reaction score
I like Invicta. But an insane amount of their stuff is left handed for some reason. I found one righty but the model number doesnt match so im sort of skeptical.

JO3B

Reaction score
i wouldn't spend money on a quartz watch.

that cancels out both lum-tech and invicta.

get a hamilton. they can be had for good prices online

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an Invicta 8926 that I wear a lot in the summer. I also wear it when I'm diving, because, you know, it's a ******* diver. Beyond that, I rotate between the following two watches: - titanium field watch by St. Moritz
1M-SP00B3.jpg
- watch from the MoMA Store
m_70755.jpg
Got all of them for under $90. Other recommendations might be some of the Seiko divers or the Seiko 5s.
Originally Posted by JO3B
i wouldn't spend money on a quartz watch. that cancels out both lum-tech and invicta. get a hamilton. they can be had for good prices online
Invictas can easily be had <$100. +1 on the Hamiltons, though -- I unfortunately want a Jazzmaster Auto, which is gonna run me about $300 I think, if not more.

Slow Polk

Reaction score
Seiko Spirit ? It may be a bit above you price range, but it is a very nice watch for the money. The style is slightly more formal than casual.

finnegan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JO3B
i wouldn't spend money on a quartz watch.

that cancels out both lum-tech and invicta.

get a hamilton. they can be had for good prices online

Actually, Invicta makes mechanical watches within the price range. You can get their automatic diver for under $100 right now. It's decent if you like the Submariner look. I would also second Hamilton. Don't rule out pre-owned watches.

JO3B

Reaction score
ok fine, don't get an invicta at all.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tsovet's can be had now for less than $300.
Look around.

Astan

Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys. I think ill just nab my sibling's old michael kors watch and wait a couple of months and buy a Stowa.

Astan

Reaction score
I do have one question. Is it ok to buy a left handed watch if youre right handed and put it on your left hand?

KBW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Astan
thanks for the advice guys. I think ill just nab my sibling's old michael kors watch and wait a couple of months and buy a Stowa.

A stowa is a great buy...which one are you looking at?

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i had no idea there were lefty and righty watches. Or is that a joke?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads