• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a briefcase

v3l

Reaction score
I'm looking for a slim briefcase to hold my 15.4" laptop when I don't feel like lugging my backpack around. Something just big enough for the laptop and a small notebook or something. Preferably some sort of canvas or nylon material. Suggestions?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on the filson bags

i dont have one YET ... i am waiting on the filson x apolis collab but they look and sound great.

if you want just a regular filson bag, cranes gives a NASTY discount so it is impossible to pass up

fosho

Reaction score
+1 on the Apolis x Filson collab. I saw it in person in Vegas and it's unreal. Definitely lives up to the hype.

v3l

Reaction score
Anyone know of anything in navy? And around $150 or less? I don't think I can justify paying any more..

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Filson is the current SF-approved version; that's what everybody recommends. There are TONS of other brands out there and on some of the existing threads, there are lots of links and pictures. I'd do a search as there are probably 50 threads out there on bags/briefcases.

For $150 or less, your options will be fairly limited, though something simple like Jack spade in canvas might be do-able.

mr bunbury

Reaction score
I've been eyeing that at the Jack Spade store near me. It's very slim, low-profile, a great bag. A little understated for my taste, especially if you remove the small Jack Spade tag, but I like that it doesn't have a hunting vibe. At $68 ($50 in my store) it's a steal.

... Personally, I'm holding out for one of the Monocle x Porter Shorthauler bags in black come fall.

v3l

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr bunbury
I've been eyeing that at the Jack Spade store near me. It's very slim, low-profile, a great bag. A little understated for my taste, especially if you remove the small Jack Spade tag, but I like that it doesn't have a hunting vibe. At $68 ($50 in my store) it's a steal.

... Personally, I'm holding out for one of the Monocle x Porter Shorthauler bags in black come fall.

What store would that be?

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have that Jack Spade briefcase. I like it but the buckle for the strap broke within a month.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr bunbury
Jack Spade on Newbury St. in Boston - it's $68 in store, minus 30% - at least last time I was in there.

damn thats a great price, when was the last time you were there? I am right around the corner... might swing by and pick one up, they have any other good deals?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads