• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking at Completely Redoing My Wardrobe

Northy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Recently I have been looking at my wardrobe and thinking it is kind of crap, I only have like three jeans that actually fit me (two relaxed fit and one tight fit), two hoodies and three adidas jackets along with a bunch of dreadful T-Shirts
frown.gif
I was out recently wearing a nice normal shirt and was told it suited me better than what I normally wear as I didn't look like a prick lol (this is also kind of my motivation to get a new wardrobe as I won't look like a prick so much anymore and I'll have more stuff to wear).

So far all I have worked out is that I like the "Lacoste Short Sleeve Classic Pique Polo" which I'll be getting in 5 different colours (Abyssal Blue, Smoothie Pink, Yucca Green, Yellow and Red) providing I can find them in the UK or buy them from US (if an online store will ship to UK) but I am stumped on the other stuff such as jeans, shorts, trousers/pants and normal button shirts
confused.gif

I would like to have what I wear colour coordinated so everything looks good
biggrin.gif

So if anyone has any suggestions to what I could look into that would be great as I am still new to the designer world
smile.gif

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
smile.gif

Northy

P.S. I am open to other Polo ideas as well
smile.gif

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
search.
skip the Lacoste and just get some American Apparel polos or something cheaper
APC are good starter jeans.
Personal endorsements for button ups:
Thom Browne, Band of Outsiders for a slimmer fit.
Gant, Gitman Bros Vintage for bit less trim, but still nice fit.

PiperInAlberta

Reaction score
^^^ x2

Lacoste polos are nice, but not worth the price unless you can get them on a deep discount.

(From a guy with a clost full of them
confused.gif
)

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also a few people here at the forum have their own lines that do button ups
Temple of Jawnz
Wolf vs Goat (Farinelli's)

Haven't been able to check out either myself but the response seems pretty positive

Northy

Reaction score
@Kvc06, American Apparel look quite good, deffo going to consider them now, APC jeans are just slightly rich for my blood at 190€ lol. Will check out the button ups soon
smile.gif
@PiperInAlberta, Lacoste not worth the money? do they fall apart or something after the first wash? to me they look great (from what I have seen thus far). They are currently at $54.99 on their online store which seems good to me
smile.gif
(although I'd have to work out a way of getting them to the UK which might cancel out the savings lol).

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are in the UK you could do worse than check out Albam for jeans and t-shirts, and other stuff too. The jeans are cheaper than APC and pretty decent by all accounts and they are very friendly and helpful.
Be slightly cautious with some of their jackets as the fit can sometimes be a bit funny but in general their stuff is great and (mostly) made in the UK.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
good lord
i... agree @op: holy ****. have you ever thought that prick might just be the way to go? i mean, can't change who you are.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Jesus Christ, people. The dude doesn't care about fashun, he just wants some decent clothes. This is a situation where Target and Cabela chambrays might actually be appropriate. Thom ******* Browne WTF?

Unfortunately, I don't live in the UK so I have no idea what your options are.

I was talking about the new diffusion line shirts.
Sorry, I missed where he stated he had a low budget, oh wait.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
someone actually told you "wow, you look good, you don't look like a prick today"?

then man you have problems besides clothes

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Topman and H&M and similar stores of that ilk are more than enough to get you started, no need to go all-in when you don't even know your style

Uncontrol has been making sense too often lately. OP shouldn't even consider mid-tier pieces until he settles on which aesthetic he prefers. I look at some of the things I almost bought a year ago and am less upset my bank count was usually sniffing the double-digit territory.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kvc06
search.
skip the Lacoste and just get some American Apparel polos or something cheaper
APC are good starter jeans.
Personal endorsements for button ups:
Thom Browne, Band of Outsiders for a slimmer fit.
Gant, Gitman Bros Vintage for bit less trim, but still nice fit.

Lacoste is too expensive, ps Thom Brown is a good choice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads