• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Look at this Beveled Waist..... on a Florsheim????

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I won a pair of "Hand Inseamed" Florsheim shoes on eBay the other day. They arrived today. These are pretty incredible. I have decided that the shoe has substantial handwork throughout. The welt is definitely hand sewn. It is not machine-made consistent. The waist of the shoe is the most beveled that I have ever seen. On the side shot, yes the shoe is sitting flat. They are definitely supposed to be that way. Does anyone have any info on these shoe?

IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2582.jpg

IMG_2583.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not an expert but it looks awesome. What does it say on the insole?

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
to see more of the craft and accuracy of beveled waist you have to show a photo of the sole edge at the curvature looking down from on top. to see how flush the sole edge is against the upper. without that , youre not really asking us to check out much of anything in terms of bevelled waist.

IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2588.jpg

Aperipan

Reaction score
These must be be a few decades old. I've not seen anything like this from this maker.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a Florshiem?
Wow, is there a line or model name?
How expensive where they?

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PHEW, i thought u were serious for a second, LOLZ

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads