Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

look at my shoes!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by daniele6, May 19, 2005.

1. daniele6

daniele6 Senior member

Here are my shoes, sneakers excluded: [​IMG] from top left: gucci sneakers, allen edmonds park avenue, church's grafton, alden suede penny loafer: [​IMG] from top left: alden tassel mocassin, tricker's black kensington, alden straight tip bal in suede 2235, car shoe suede tassel mocassin, church's darwin in chestnut calf, duca d'aosta brown double monk: [​IMG] close up of the previous: [​IMG] casual shoes, from top left: sabelt, gucci, suede pantofola d'oro, leather pantofola d'oro: [​IMG] and here is a close-up of my leather pantofola d'oro: [​IMG] my next shoes will be: cleverley loafer style 79 (I will be in London next week, so I will buy them for sure.): [​IMG] edward green wingtip...but I don't know which style... Berluti club. Any other advice?

2. Cliff

Cliff Senior member

Holy cow man .. Have you more than two legs ? Are you a centipede ? Save some for the rest of us. [​IMG] Seriously, great collection.

3. NewYorkBuck

NewYorkBuck Senior member

Yes - stocks and bonds...... [​IMG]

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Unless you have more than one pair of legs, you need no more shoes. Nice collection. If you must, get a pair of U last Vass shoes - I wish I had the cash for them. You could also use some casual boots, now, come to think of it. Personally, I like Costume National, Dries van Noten, and Henry Beguelin, but that's just me.

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I like the suede Alden penny loafers

6. daniele6

daniele6 Senior member

7. Roy

Roy Senior member

Why no Santoni, Lattanzi or Bonora? I quite like those. But I must say that you have a very nice collection [​IMG] I've just started myself [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. daniele6

daniele6 Senior member

I don't like Lattanzi styles. I agree some Santoni are nice, but I always prefer british-american style, except for casual shoes. [​IMG]

9. thinman

thinman Senior member

Yes, I really think you need a pair of Vass U-last shoes...in US 11.5D...and since you look like you're short of closet space I could store them for you....

10. Roy

Roy Senior member

(Roy @ May 19 2005,12:17) Why no Santoni, Lattanzi or Bonora? I quite like those. But I must say that you have a very nice collection [​IMG] I've just started myself [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I don't like Lattanzi styles. I agree some Santoni are nice, but I always prefer british-american style, except for casual shoes. [​IMG]
    Funny, quite a few Italians I know prefer English shoes over Italian. What's next? Trading in your Ferrari for a Aston Martin [​IMG] [​IMG] I saw that you wanted to buy the Berluti Club, now that is a beautiful shoe. It's on my wish list as well.

11. daniele6

daniele6 Senior member

my alfa romeo 147 for a Bentley continental GT? Not a bad deal. Roy, come to Milano and we go straight to the Berluti store in Via Verri. [​IMG]

12. Roy

Roy Senior member

(Roy @ May 19 2005,12:35) Funny, quite a few Italians I know prefer English shoes over Italian. What's next? Trading in your Ferrari for a Aston Martin [​IMG] [​IMG] I saw that you wanted to buy the Berluti Club, now that is a beautiful shoe. It's on my wish list as well.
    my alfa romeo 147 for a Bentley continental GT? Not a bad deal. Roy, come to Milano and we go straight to the Berluti store in Via Verri. [​IMG]
    Milano is on my wish list as well. Sounds like a great deal [​IMG] What would be the best time to visit Milano? With a few friends of mine I make a city trip every couple of months and Milan is basically the next city we want to visit.

13. daniele6

daniele6 Senior member

You can come from April to July and from mid-september to October. The summer sales begin in mid-july. Many many many interesting shops to visit: berluti, marinella, borrelli, kiton, church's, brioni, brooks brothers and so on......