• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Look at my shoes, what is next??

iris

Reaction score
+1 for Crockett & Jones. I'd suggest the Hallam (348 last) in black.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justinkapur
And has anyone used pediwear to order shoes?

No experience with Barkers, but Pediwear is fine.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
1 black
1 suede preferably mocha brown

+1

also, throw in a monkstrap somewhere

and maybe an ankle-boot or chelsea or something.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
stay away from black suede. it is one of the least versatile material/color combinations for a shoe

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
stay away from black suede. it is one of the least versatile material/color combinations for a shoe

i meant either the black or the brown suede. what do you think of construction of those shoes and if you were in my position would you pick one over the others?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i meant either the black or the brown suede. what do you think of construction of those shoes and if you were in my position would you pick one over the others?
ooof, my bad. I havent had any experience with either brand but at some of those price points, you could easily get a C&J from here: http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/co...crockett-jones what is your shoe size?

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ooof, my bad. I havent had any experience with either brand but at some of those price points, you could easily get a C&J from here: http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/co...crockett-jones

what is your shoe size?

Now thats a good site, I am a 10.5 US so im assuming anywhere from 9.5-10uk depending on width of the shoe

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iris
+1 for Crockett & Jones. I'd suggest the Hallam (348 last) in black.
Mmmmm...Hallam! Me want those, too. (Not in the OP's price range, though. Nor mine right now.)

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest something in the burgundy, oxblood color range.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think he is covered with the browns. i would go for a dark burgundy and a black "fun shoe" i.e. monk or loafer. and stop using smileys. reserve those for when you are trying to get laid

How do you know he isn't?

Seriously though; I concur with others here: Monks, Dub Monks, Loafers (C&J Poole?)... maybe a Split Toe Derby like the Carmina in Alcudia last (my most recent kop).

Lots more ways to hurt your bank account, friend.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300537997515#ht_1685wt_849 i keep going towards brown but i really like the style of those, what do you guys think? http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/co...jones-alex-10e simple but clean if you guys had my choices what would you pick between the two?
I like the first pair
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist
How do you know he isn't?
I agree, we are all trying to get laid. Even if it is on a website full of the mens. If you are looking for get those Churchs (im assuming you can spend $500), you might also consider these pairs. You can get two, excellent quality pairs, on discount, that will really quickly round out your wardrobe. Alfred Sargent Double Monk CHEVELEY -10F L194 Peal & Co. Brown Suede Perforated Medallion $244 by AS Peal & Co. Chelsea Ankle Boots $264 by C&J Crockett & Jones Radstock black calf UK10 Crockett Jones Chelsea 5 boots Black CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS - CONISTON - DK TAN - SIZE 9.5E Vass wingtip brown Derby shoes size 10 1/2 NWOB $475 Crockett & Jones "Lowndes" dk brown double monk UK 9.5E

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads