Lonsdale, ots, other brits...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by shoreman1782, Oct 22, 2004.

1. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Hey fellas, In the interest of pseudo-Mod fashion... I've got a couple Merc tshirts and Fred Perry jackets, but I generally have trouble finding brit sports/streetwear in the US. Not that I expect there to be a one stop shop for stuff from Lonsdale, Merc, One True Saxon, and Duffer St. George, but anyone know sources for this sort of import stuff in the DC/Philly area or (better) online? I've tried ebay but dealing with ebayers' intnl shipping isnt worth it for this, generally... No boots or braces, thanks. Â [​IMG] Originally posted in buying and selling, but I'm not really selling or soliciting offers, so... J or Steve feel free to delete/move if you find it inappropriate. EDIT: Also, thanks to the Chairman for responding over there...

2. jasonpraxis

jasonpraxis Well-Known Member

99X in New York is always a good bet for new items, as is Sherrys, though I've never bought off the internet from the latter. Spend a little time with Mod Culture and you may find something else. Good luck with your search.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

it should be a lot easier to find nowadays....my local Macy's menstore practically has a mod section, with Ben Sherman/Fred Perry/Merc all within 10 feet of each other. there's a store in LA called (appropriately haha) Poser that has the biggest selection of UK sportswear i've seen. Â They dont have a website tho. i generally buy my stuff from the UK tho as their selection tends to be better, esp regarding brands like Lonsdale & Pringle if you dont mind the shipping, DNA Groove in Italy and Jump the Gun in UK have a lot of good gear that you'd be into. They have websites that you can get to thru the abovementioned modforum.com or www.modrevival.net "clean living under difficult circumstances"

4. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

You can find Merc clothing at, interestingly enough, http://www.merc-clothing.com The people working for Merc's online operation - at least, the ones I dealt with when making my purchase - were incredibly helpful when I was in search of something that wasn't on the website.