• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Longer ties for taller men

J.Odelius

Reaction score
Hi,

I have somewhat of a problem when it comes to neckties. Being 6'6'' tall the "regular" length of neckties are simply too short. Most neckties I've been able to find in my area of the world are around 152cm/59''.
I can of course tie the neckties but the tail gets really short if I want to align the tip with my belt/waistband.

Where do I find longer neckties? The stores I've been able to find are usually only available in a hand ful of different colours and even if I would love to go bespoke ties I can't justify that cost quite yet.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what your budget is but Shibumi Firenze is worth looking into for this issue. You can do bespoke on their website and select width and length up to 165cm. They do charge a bit more for ones above 156 I think, but still only at 130 euros, which is better than what most of the houses are doing.

Great selection including knits, grenadine, shantung, madder, etc.

J.Odelius

Reaction score
I don't know what your budget is but Shibumi Firenze is worth looking into for this issue. You can do bespoke on their website and select width and length up to 165cm. They do charge a bit more for ones above 156 I think, but still only at 130 euros, which is better than what most of the houses are doing.

Great selection including knits, grenadine, shantung, madder, etc.

Hi,

It's a bit over my budget but they do look excellent. Might just have to deal with it and order from there.
Thank you for your recommendation. :)

heleniush

Reaction score
Hi Jimmie,

Have you tried Vecchio Anseatico? Many of their models are available in 155cm and 160cm, even 165cm. Price is 99€. If you're located in Sweden I would visit Granqvist, since most of their models are available bespoke (even though they don't market it much on their website).

I'm 6'7'' (200cm) myself but I'm usually satisfied with a length around 155cm but can cope with shorter ties. I guess I have a higher rise on my trousers than you.

Good luck in your search.

/Henrik

J.Odelius

Reaction score
Hi Jimmie,

Have you tried Vecchio Anseatico? Many of their models are available in 155cm and 160cm, even 165cm. Price is 99€. If you're located in Sweden I would visit Granqvist, since most of their models are available bespoke (even though they don't market it much on their website).

I'm 6'7'' (200cm) myself but I'm usually satisfied with a length around 155cm but can cope with shorter ties. I guess I have a higher rise on my trousers than you.

Good luck in your search.

/Henrik

Hi Henrik!

Interesting. I had never heard of Granquist. I'll definately check look up the ones you mentioned.

I currently only have the regular low to mid rise pants thats available in most entry level stores unfortunately. But I think I might be cursed with a longer torso as well. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads