• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Longer lasting colonge that is like Hugo Boss Selection

Crissco

Reaction score
I love Hugo Boss Selection. Only problem is that is doesnt last too long, and when im for the night I need to bring it with me or deal with it.

Any other colognes out there with the similar type of smell that last longer?

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crissco
I love Hugo Boss Selection. Only problem is that is doesnt last too long

I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.

Crissco

Reaction score
Why do u say that bro?
If im out the whole night I like to smell good.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No idea what Hugo Boss smells like, but my Terre d'Hermes lasts a long time, smells awesome

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do u say that bro?
If im out the whole night I like to smell good.

He's arguing that you probably don't smell very good. Hugo Boss Selection prolly won't be getting much in the way of love here. One thing to keep in mind is that your noses starts to ignore the smell after a little while, so even if you can no longer smell it on yourself, others can probably still smell it.

Crissco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
He's arguing that you probably don't smell very good. Hugo Boss Selection prolly won't be getting much in the way of love here. One thing to keep in mind is that your noses starts to ignore the smell after a little while, so even if you can no longer smell it on yourself, others can probably still smell it.

LOL...Selection is the only Hugo Boss sent I like. All the other ones suck, to musky for me.

Crissco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cioni2k
No idea what Hugo Boss smells like, but my Terre d'Hermes lasts a long time, smells awesome

Just looked it up. I think I might give it a shot. Looks pretty good

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Definitely try it out first, unique scent.. not for everyone. But I've never gotten more compliments since I switched to it. Dont buy retail. Got a 3.3oz on Amazon for around $60

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude- it's a little different than Selection. I'd hold off unless you actually try it on in person. I'm going to assume that you're anywhere from 15-22. That being the case, take most of the recommendations here with a grain of salt (otherwise you'll end up wearing Drakkar Noir or something similarly painful). Try them ALL first. Try Channel Allure Sport if you like the citrusy/sweet stuff. It'll last all day with half a spray on most people. It's entirely inoffensive, somewhat generic, and gets a ton of compliments. Pi Neo is the same sort of gig.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads