1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Longer Hair in Professional Enviroments?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Augusto86, Sep 26, 2006.

1. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

The firms may be loosening up but I appreciate those guys who can loosen up without going business casual. I saw a New York Finance partner with graying hair come to a reception with a baby blue contrast-collar striped shirt and pink repp tie. I complimented him on the tie and he smiled and whispered Brooks Brothers.

2. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

For men, having long hair in an interview probably is a bad idea. Here is some evidence.

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I think it's a question of degree, as people said. You can probably get away with collar length hair in most environments in any case.

4. Virginia Dandy

Virginia Dandy Senior member

or Italian. . . .

Longer than average hair does not seem to have held back the esteemed Luca Cordero di Montezemolo (chairman of Fiat - that's John Elkann to whom Manton's book was dedicated in the background).

I've also admired Roberto Mancini's style - certainly better than one usually expects from a footballer these days.

Granted, the boardroom at Fiat and the sidelines at Inter Milan are not exactly the professional environments Augusto86 probably had in mind.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Aus_MD

Aus_MD Senior member

or Italian. . . .

Longer than average hair does not seem to have held back the esteemed Luca Cordero di Montezemolo (chairman of Fiat - that's John Elkann to whom Manton's book was dedicated in the background).

I've also admired Roberto Mancini's style - certainly better than one usually expects from a footballer these days.

Granted, the boardroom at Fiat and the sidelines at Inter Milan are not exactly the professional environments Augusto86 probably had in mind.

Earlier photos of di Montezemolo show a well-kempt coiffure.

[​IMG]

Perhaps when one has reached his heights there are fewer constraints on expression of personal style.

6. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

It's region-dependant, and business-dependant, and this all defaults to knowing what you're getting into. For example, you don't send a short story to the British Journal of Pharmacology. Less obviously, you don't send a manuscript describing the results of a drug-drug interaction study to the Lancet.