1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Long Wing Blucher Recommendations

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Zmony, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Zmony

Zmony Member

Hi All - I am in the market for LWBs in burgundy and have identified the following suspects: Alden #975, AE Macneil & Meermin. I don't have any Alden locations nearby to try those on (ditto for Meermin) and the AE's didn't work as they were a very sloppy fit in the heel.

My budget is $650, what other options are out there?

Thanks for your help.

2. bigchris1313

bigchris1313 Senior member

It would be helpful if we knew your location...

3. Zmony

Zmony Member

Seattle area, but I travel to the LA and Bay areas occasionally. I am not opposed to ordering online without trying on first and am curious what other shoes are out there that fit in the LWB category in burgundy.

4. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

5. ncdobson

ncdobson Senior member

I've never bought from them, but I've heard good things about the Shoe Mart's customer service as an Alden dealer. I think they do free shipping & returns, so you could try shoes w/o obligation.

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-shoes/bt-ald.html