• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Long term relationships with Eastern European women

CopRock

Reaction score
I'm an American with an Eastern European girlfriend. She's a well-educated professional, beautiful, smart, fun, and an all-around great catch. I'm crazy about her, and she's crazy about me. I could really see this working out.

Does anyone have any advice or experience with Eastern European women that should either give me hope, or give me pause? I realize that people are all different and that everyone is a unique and delicate snowflake, and I'm going to take all input with a big grain of salt. I'm just interested.

(FYI, she's not dating me for a green card. She's already a U.S. citizen. I've seen her passport and everything.)

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CopRock
I'm an American with an Eastern European girlfriend. She's a well-educated professional, beautiful, smart, fun, and an all-around great catch. I'm crazy about her, and she's crazy about me. I could really see this working out. Does anyone have any advice or experience with Eastern European women that should either give me hope, or give me pause? I realize that people are all different and that everyone is a unique and delicate snowflake, and I'm going to take all input with a big grain of salt. I'm just interested. (FYI, she's not dating me for a green card. She's already a U.S. citizen. I've seen her passport and everything.)
How long has she been in the US? How is her English? How long have you two been dating? Where did she go to school? What does she do? Where are you guys located? It's all depends...

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're being insecure and whiny. That's already not attractive, especially to her.

Just be yourself, enjoy your time with her, and stop overthinking it.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pre-nup.

And keep good medical records.

TheGreek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Pre-nup.

And keep good medical records.

Are you wealthy? do you maybe have "wealth-potential" that she sees in you?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if she's over 17, she prolly has kids back home.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is she Greek?

CopRock

Reaction score
How long has she been in the US?

Since 2006. Before that, she was in Japan for a few years- she was married to a Navy guy.

How is her English?

She's got an accent, but her English is flawless.

How long have you two been dating?

Not too long, about three and a half months.

Where did she go to school?

Undergraduate degree and MBA from the University of Mryland

What does she do?

She's a consultant, as am I.

Where are you guys located?

Houston.

It's all depends...

You're absolutely right. Just curious about other people's experience. My brother married an Eastern European woman, and it didn't really work out, but that doesn't mean much.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does she make good pierogies? If they're better than Mrs. T's, I'd say she's a keeper.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Explain yourself, Rube.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^i see what you did there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads