Long Shot - Who makes Isaia fabric?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Brianpore, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Hi, trying to figure out who (I assume its not woven in house) who weaves the fabric for Isaia? I have a beautiful Tuxedo which has a very unique fabric (wool and mohair) and was looking to have a custom waistcoat tailored but can't find any material that is close. Not the end of the world but would much prefer to have the cloth and lapel facing in grosgrain match as close as possible.

Tuxedo is very recent within the last 2 years.

Thanks in advance!

2. Beaux Benson

Beaux Benson New Member

Did you find out what mill makes the fabric for Isaia?

3. double00

double00 Senior member

looks like Isaia runs a merchant operation by contract:

http://thebespokenmogul.com/isaia/

from the article, the Aqua fabric for instance is designed (or co-designed, presumably) by Isaia and the fabric is contracted. does that mean that the mill(s) will have excess fabric for sale? probably not, since it seems like a proprietary deal and since Isaia deals it. i think you'd have to either go straight to Isaia with the fabric code or call around to tailors that might already have a stock of that stuff.

so,
    seems somewhat moot since it's doubtful that that mill would sell the fabric directly anyways. unless of course, you're asking because you're going to design and contract a different material entirely but want it to be up to Isaia standards.