Long Scarves

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ChicagoJohn, Oct 19, 2008.

1. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Senior member

Where do you guys purchase your big, long men's scarves? I've seen a lot I like in magazines and ads but when it comes to execution, finding something that long is extremely difficult. By the time i knot it around my neck, it barely hangs past my nipples (weird word, but its the only one I can use here). For example I particularly like them with just a thick sweater as it's fall here and not cold enough yet for a coat.

Also, I don't want to pay $50 for a scarf....I tried Nordstrom Rack and TJ Maxx but to no avail.

2. J Simulcik

J Simulcik Senior member

An autogyro en route to the Prussian consulate in
  3. Zenny

Zenny Senior member

4. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

Just pay $50, if that's what it takes to find one you like. Think about the cost-per-use. Don't you work in finance, anyways?

That said, my scarf was much less than that, but I'm happy with it.

5. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

ChicagoJohn, if you're in Chicago, then I'd think there are lots of options in whatever price range you desire. I haven't been shopping for them, but I'd think a trip to Oakbrook or Michigan Avenue, among others, would provide a few options.

6. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

ChicagoJohn, if you're in Chicago, then I'd think there are lots of options in whatever price range you desire. I haven't been shopping for them, but I'd think a trip to Oakbrook or Michigan Avenue, among others, would provide a few options.

You'd think... maybe I was looking at the wrong time but: last November I was in Chicago and hit just about every store on Michigan Avenue in search of a long scarf. I did end up getting a veru nice, woven scarf, very colorful (German) but it was only average length (and for the OP was more than $100)... but for all my looking, I never found a scarf that was longer than "average".

7. 82-Greg

82-Greg Senior member

8. jsherman02

jsherman02 Senior member

I just purchased a scarf from four in hand and it was a longer one. On a side note, the scarf I purchased from FIH has incredible "hand" and colors. Thanks again!

9. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

Chicago area? If so, try FB and Off Saks 5th Ave.

10. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Senior member

*update*

Was at Loehmanns in Napervile and they had the ultra long woven ones for $50 down from $110. They only had black and white but I think I'm going to go back and get the white.

11. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

*update*

Was at Loehmanns in Napervile and they had the ultra long woven ones for $50 down from $110. They only had black and white but I think I'm going to go back and get the white.

Sounds good... By the way, Banana Republic has long ones, also.