• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Long Scarves

ChicagoJohn

Reaction score
Where do you guys purchase your big, long men's scarves? I've seen a lot I like in magazines and ads but when it comes to execution, finding something that long is extremely difficult. By the time i knot it around my neck, it barely hangs past my nipples (weird word, but its the only one I can use here). For example I particularly like them with just a thick sweater as it's fall here and not cold enough yet for a coat.

Also, I don't want to pay $50 for a scarf....I tried Nordstrom Rack and TJ Maxx but to no avail.

J Simulcik

Reaction score

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just pay $50, if that's what it takes to find one you like. Think about the cost-per-use. Don't you work in finance, anyways?

That said, my scarf was much less than that, but I'm happy with it.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ChicagoJohn, if you're in Chicago, then I'd think there are lots of options in whatever price range you desire. I haven't been shopping for them, but I'd think a trip to Oakbrook or Michigan Avenue, among others, would provide a few options.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
ChicagoJohn, if you're in Chicago, then I'd think there are lots of options in whatever price range you desire. I haven't been shopping for them, but I'd think a trip to Oakbrook or Michigan Avenue, among others, would provide a few options.

You'd think... maybe I was looking at the wrong time but: last November I was in Chicago and hit just about every store on Michigan Avenue in search of a long scarf. I did end up getting a veru nice, woven scarf, very colorful (German) but it was only average length (and for the OP was more than $100)... but for all my looking, I never found a scarf that was longer than "average".

jsherman02

Reaction score
I just purchased a scarf from four in hand and it was a longer one. On a side note, the scarf I purchased from FIH has incredible "hand" and colors. Thanks again!

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chicago area? If so, try FB and Off Saks 5th Ave.

ChicagoJohn

Reaction score
*update*

Was at Loehmanns in Napervile and they had the ultra long woven ones for $50 down from $110. They only had black and white but I think I'm going to go back and get the white.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoJohn
*update*

Was at Loehmanns in Napervile and they had the ultra long woven ones for $50 down from $110. They only had black and white but I think I'm going to go back and get the white.

Sounds good... By the way, Banana Republic has long ones, also.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 82 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 152 32.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 137 29.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 53 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 10 2.1%