• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Long Island Tailor

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have searched the site but most items are old. Any recommendations on a Long Island tailor in Nassau? I have recently lost a decent amount of weight and suffering from to tight belt and to big pants and coat. Thanks in advance.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump my own thread to get some much needed help. Thank you.

Arethusa406

Reaction score
I've been a Nassau County resident for about 12 years. Meurice Garment Care in Manhasset is probably the best cleaner/alterations tailor you'll find. I've used them myself. Good service, but very pricey. Victor Talbots in Greenvale is the only custom tailor around, to my knowledge, if you're looking to have garments made. I have no direct experience with them, though. Hope that helps...

J o s h

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Old Field tailor shop in Setauket? He seems well rated on yelp. Looking for alterations with pattern matching needed on a cashmere sport jacket. Thanks!

J o s h

Reaction score
Happy to report that Old Field tailor shop in Setauket nailed it with the worked I described above. Very happy with his alteration work on my high-end piece. All done by hand for a fair and reasonable price.

J o s h

Reaction score

photos of the work?

Sure, here you go. It's a completely unlined and unstructured jacket, as you can see from the way it hangs here.

He made two alterations: shortening the sleeves (and moving the nonfunctional cuff buttons)...

... and taking in the center seam to make a better fit and slope in the shoulders. Note the pattern matching. He did this work by hand because the fabric is very soft and would slip off of a machine.

I will be wearing it for its maiden voyage later this week and will snap an additional photo then. Will also post that one in the LuxeSwap thread since I bought the jacket from Matt.

J o s h

Reaction score
Here's the jacket in the field, for my year-end work celebration down in Texas. Pardon the crappy hotel room selfie.

X-post over in the LuxeSwap thread.

Lots of positive looks and attention today!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads