• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Long Island Tailor

Beckwith

Reaction score
I have searched the site but most items are old. Any recommendations on a Long Island tailor in Nassau? I have recently lost a decent amount of weight and suffering from to tight belt and to big pants and coat. Thanks in advance.

Beckwith

Reaction score
Bump my own thread to get some much needed help. Thank you.

Arethusa406

Reaction score
I've been a Nassau County resident for about 12 years. Meurice Garment Care in Manhasset is probably the best cleaner/alterations tailor you'll find. I've used them myself. Good service, but very pricey. Victor Talbots in Greenvale is the only custom tailor around, to my knowledge, if you're looking to have garments made. I have no direct experience with them, though. Hope that helps...

J o s h

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Old Field tailor shop in Setauket? He seems well rated on yelp. Looking for alterations with pattern matching needed on a cashmere sport jacket. Thanks!

J o s h

Reaction score
Happy to report that Old Field tailor shop in Setauket nailed it with the worked I described above. Very happy with his alteration work on my high-end piece. All done by hand for a fair and reasonable price.

J o s h

Reaction score

photos of the work?

Sure, here you go. It's a completely unlined and unstructured jacket, as you can see from the way it hangs here.

He made two alterations: shortening the sleeves (and moving the nonfunctional cuff buttons)...

... and taking in the center seam to make a better fit and slope in the shoulders. Note the pattern matching. He did this work by hand because the fabric is very soft and would slip off of a machine.

I will be wearing it for its maiden voyage later this week and will snap an additional photo then. Will also post that one in the LuxeSwap thread since I bought the jacket from Matt.

J o s h

Reaction score
Here's the jacket in the field, for my year-end work celebration down in Texas. Pardon the crappy hotel room selfie.

X-post over in the LuxeSwap thread.

Lots of positive looks and attention today!

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.