Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Long and Tight

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by BioSore, Jun 20, 2006.

1. BioSore

BioSore Well-Known Member

Alright, so I'm guessing that this isn't too much of an issue for most since I can't find posts tending to it, but it is for me. I weigh 145-150 at 5'10. This involves having a decently-skinny body with long arms and chest. I am having great difficulty finding any long sleeve shirts that have a long enough arm length (34/35) but skin-tight to any extent.

Finding dress shirts is terrible, too, since 14 1/2 neck is also on the small side and shirts are rarely made with that long of arm length to that neck size. But that's for a different day.

What do you skinny guys do to find shirts with arm lengths on the longer side?

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

With my shirts that have really snug fits, the arms are usually too short, and I just kind of deal with it. You could go either bespoke, mtm or get something from Dior Homme, but I just deal.

3. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

i have the same problem. i just roll up the sleves. sewing machines can help too.

4. PeasantLLC

PeasantLLC Senior member

spruce makes shirts that are slim (but not skin tight) and would be long enough.

5. forum consensus poster

forum consensus poster New Member

SIR, may I suggest the Jantzen crapshoot? Or, if you're interested in prompt, reliable service, CEGO?

6. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior member

I'm on the "just deal with it", and "roll them up" side as well. Just about every button down shirt I own that I didn't buy specificly for work is too short in the sleeves. It dosen't really bother me, western shirts and other thrift store grabs I always roll up even if they do fit, I guess it's just habit now. If you find any long and tight let me know, I need some for work.

7. raley

raley Senior member

I have come to the conclusion that there are no RTW shirts that fit me. At 16-16.5" neck, 35" sleeve, 31" waist, 38" chest, there is simply nothing that fits me. Some shirts I would be able to manage with, if I had the sides taken in, if my neck were an inch to an inch and a half smaller. But NOTHING exists that fits me everywhere. It is kind of sad (I'm 6'1" 160 lbs).

8. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

Try G-Star for casuals. I recently picked up a black snap-front shirt, and it's probably the slimmest off-the-rack shirt I own, with proper-length sleeves.

SIR, may I suggest the Jantzen crapshoot? Or, if you're interested in prompt, reliable service, CEGO?
    You will be quite entertaining if you step up your output a bit.