Lone Flag: A House of Collaborations in San Diego

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the honor roll, Aug 26, 2015.

1. the honor roll

the honor roll Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hello everyone,

My name is Chris, and I'm an English teacher from California based in Shenzhen, China. I also write about men's clothing and what I've learned from the artisans, founders, and gentlemen of the cloth.

Today I want to share an article I just wrote about San Diego's Lone Flag. It's founder, Sam Larson, started this shop in 2014 to sell raw denim and durable goods. I was able to visit his shop, look around, and talk to his staff. One thing of note is that this shop prioritizes collaboration projects with respected and lesser-known clothing companies. I love seeing this, as the quality control of those companies and small-batch orders of specialty shops creates for creative, well-executed, and loved items.

I hope you enjoy "Elementally SD."

Quote: - Chris

2. Streettrash

Streettrash Senior member

Favorite shop in Southern California. Lone Flag just celebrated it's 2nd anniversary last night.

3. the honor roll

the honor roll Well-Known Member

How was it? I saw a few pictures; they showed some new collabs, right?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  4. Streettrash

Streettrash Senior member

It was great. They had Stone Brewing Company pouring. David and Matt from Freenote were there. The new fall drops from Freenote are epic and the new Avila denim? That weft is insane. The Dixon Rand people stopped in as well. The new collabs were five panel hats, but they always have plenty of other collabs in stock. Knickerbocker, R.C., and Broken Homme, Railcar, just to think of a couple off the top of my head. Free Richer Poorer socks from the grab bag also. A great event for sure.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015