1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

London

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kai, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Kai

Kai Senior member

London is an amazing place.

I've not been to Italy recently, but of all the cities I've visited in the past several years (and that's lots) I've not yet found a place to rival London for classic men's clothing. Savile Row, Jermyn Street, Lobb, Cleverly, Swaine Adney Brigg, Connolly, . . . the list of "best in class" establishments just goes on and on.

Good thing I don't live here in London. I would go broke. (But at least I would be broke and well dressed.)

I also have to say that London businessmen are the best shod people I've seen. Lots of nicely cared for quality shoes here. (I think the women dress better in Paris, though.)

Anyone going to London in the near future should definitely check out the exhibit of Andrew Lloyd Webber's art collection at the Royal Academy. He has an exquisite collection of Victorian art. Rivals anything I've seen in any museum, except perhaps for the Tate.

2. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

You know the old saying: "Familiarity breeds contempt". I live in London and whenever I go abroad I look at the shops in amazement and wonder, as every one brings new discoveries. Of course most of us get rather blasÃ[​IMG] about the things they know well.

Haven't been to New York for quite a while, but I believe you can find the best-dressed people on top of Fifth Avenue.

3. hermes

hermes Senior member

i find the men in milan dress better than the men in london, but then again, it's just my perception

4. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

I'll second that. Men in Italy dress far better than anywhere else I've seen.