• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

London. What stores to check out

djohns7275

Reaction score
I am sure you will already know about the popular shops in and around Jermyn street . My recommendation would be Volpe in denbigh street SW1V 2ER .Check out their instagram page
volpe_sartoriale

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For future visits...

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-Turnbull & Asser
- Emma Willis
- Budd (Good Call)

Shoes
- Edward Green
- Crockett & Jones

Various
- Trunk Clothiers
- Hedonism Wines (absolute must if you are even remotely interested in wine)
- Drakes
- Connolly
- Fortnum & Mason

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
-Turnbull & Asser
- Emma Willis
- Budd (Good Call)

Shoes
- Edward Green
- Crockett & Jones

Various
- Trunk Clothiers
- Hedonism Wines (absolute must if you are even remotely interested in wine)
- Drakes
- Connolly
- Fortnum & Mason
most of those are on my list except for the shoe stores.
thanks

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two other suggestions:
Berry Brothers & Rudd, both their original store on St James Street and their newer retail store around the corner on Pall Mall. All kinds of wine and spirits from one of the oldest wine merchants in London. Their Ordinary Claret is superb and a phenomenal value. Also try The King's Ginger, which will warm you from the inside on a chilly day!

And if you have a chance, check out Borough Market, under the railway arches near London Bridge station. Food stores galore. Just wander around, it is an experience! From there, you can walk down and through Hay's Wharf to the Thames embankment and walk toward Tower Bridge and beyond. Or walk in the opposite direction to the Tate Modern and from there across the Millennium Bridge to St Paul's.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two other suggestions:
Berry Brothers & Rudd, both their original store on St James Street and their newer retail store around the corner on Pall Mall. All kinds of wine and spirits from one of the oldest wine merchants in London. Their Ordinary Claret is superb and a phenomenal value. Also try The King's Ginger, which will warm you from the inside on a chilly day!

And if you have a chance, check out Borough Market, under the railway arches near London Bridge station. Food stores galore. Just wander around, it is an experience! From there, you can walk down and through Hay's Wharf to the Thames embankment and walk toward Tower Bridge and beyond. Or walk in the opposite direction to the Tate Modern and from there across the Millennium Bridge to St Paul's.

I believe Berry Brothers & Rudd also has bottles of Tomintoul 40+ year old scotches. At 500 USD, they are quite a steal compared to 25,000 for MacCallan.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I believe Berry Brothers & Rudd also has bottles of Tomintoul 40+ year old scotches. At 500 USD, they are quite a steal compared to 25,000 for MacCallan.
i am not enough of a scotch connoisseur to drop $500 on a bottle
but @Andy57 i could spend 100 on assorted cheeses.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i am not enough of a scotch connoisseur to drop $500 on a bottle
but @Andy57 i could spend 100 on assorted cheeses.
Neither am I. I enjoy a nice single malt, but not $500 enough. Berry Bros has some excellent wines at very good prices, especially under their own label. Also, sherries, ports, madeiras, etc.

As for cheese, Borough Market is excellent for cheese, especially European cheeses. But, the place to go for cheese is just a couple hundred yards down Jermyn Street. Paxton And Whitfield, at No.93 Jermyn Street, is a wonderland of cheese. If you like cheese, you have to visit.

Eucris

Reaction score
James Smith and Sons (Umbrella makers)
53 New Oxford Street

Gaziano and Girling
39 Savile Row

Jovoy (Perfumery)
21 Conduit Street

Last edited:

Treble

Reaction score
Borough Market also has a Neal's Yard Dairy which is good.

La Fromagerie in Marylebone is near Chiltern St, smaller shop but plenty still.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neither am I. I enjoy a nice single malt, but not $500 enough. Berry Bros has some excellent wines at very good prices, especially under their own label. Also, sherries, ports, madeiras, etc.

As for cheese, Borough Market is excellent for cheese, especially European cheeses. But, the place to go for cheese is just a couple hundred yards down Jermyn Street. Paxton And Whitfield, at No.93 Jermyn Street, is a wonderland of cheese. If you like cheese, you have to visit.

Yes P&W. Best is to go on weekdays, unrushed. Taste a few (or more). Take your time here. Often very knowledgable staff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads