• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

London. What stores to check out

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Heading to London for a short holiday soon. It has been 35 years since my last visit. Suggestions for which stores to visit. Looking for made or designed in England. Tailored clothing, accessories, home decor. Budd is the only shirtmaker I have contacted to visit. The wife has made all of the dinner reservations.
All suggestions are appreciated

Oligarch

Reaction score
Take the Tube to Green Park and walk over to Piccadilly Arcade. 300 meters either side of that, you'll be hitting a good chunk of what you're looking for. Regent street will also have some good options. A lot of the fun of London is just window shopping as you go. Enjoy.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cordings for classic British country wear and shooting clothing. Their knitwear is made in the UK by William Lockie.

Treble

Reaction score
It's a way out but for antiques you can visit Kempton on 13th December https://www.sunburyantiques.com/kempton/ get there before 09:00

Check out the Kirby Allison YouTube series for classic / fusty shops around Saville Row, Burlington Arcarde etc.

Get to central pubs for 5pm weds-thurs and enjoy the after-work pints atmosphere for a couple of hours, best enjoyed stood or sat outside!

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anderson and Shepard Haberdashery:

Drakes:

Food:

Salt Beef (Corned Beef ) in the magnificent Harrods Food Halls- MUST VISIT

or Selfridges Food Hall- A "landsman" who sold me some shirts at Cordings
(Cordings shirts are a bargain, not in the class of yours) recommended the
corned beef from Selfridges over Harrods

Last edited:

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're a cocktail guy, London has the best hotel bars in the world. In particular, the bars at Duke's (right off of Jermyn Street so very convenient), the American Bar at the Stafford and the bar at the Connaught are exceptional.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anderson and Shepard Haberdashery:

Drakes:

Food:

Salt Beef (Corned Beef ) in the magnificent Harrods Food Halls- MUST VISIT

or Selfridges Food Hall- A "landsman" who sold me some shirts at Cordings
(Cordings shirts are a bargain, not in the class of yours) recommended the
corned beef from Selfridges over Harrods
The wife has made multiple reservations.
I do love a good bakery..

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fortnum and Mason is the greatest department store in the world, by my reckoning. You can also get your shoes shined there, or buy Saphir polish, and I'd recommend buying tea there.

TomTom

Reaction score
London has too many shops to mention : Fortnum and Mason is a must for food and other things , Budd shirts is a good shout, Floris as it is the oldest men's parfumier in the world( at the same location on Jermyn Street since 1715) and Ede and Ravenscroft just for that old Empire charm and beautiful clothes and accessories.

Treble

Reaction score
Chiltern Street has a number of great boutique shops depending on your taste. Everything from musical instruments, Whisky, John Simons for Ivy clothing, New & Lingwood, nearby Labour & Wait for homewares and The Conran Shop not far for furnishings. Pretty at the moment with Christmas lights up.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Chiltern Street has a number of great boutique shops depending on your taste. Everything from musical instruments, Whisky, John Simons for Ivy clothing, New & Lingwood, nearby Labour & Wait for homewares and The Conran Shop not far for furnishings. Pretty at the moment with Christmas lights up.
Staying the last night at the firehouse. Sounds lovely

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
J. Sheekey near Covent Garden for seafood!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads