• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

London Shopping

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the midst of planning a short trip to London (my first time) and am wonder what places I should check out when I go shopping.

Also, any hotel recommendations???

Nonk

Reaction score
Stazy, there have been many threads here about shopping in London.

Search for them and then if you have any further specific queries come back and I am sure the members will help.

Savile Row, Jermyn Street and the surrounding arcades are all musts of course.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The two hotels I'd recommend are The Gore and The Radisson Edwardian Vanderbilt, both in South Ken. The Gore is a wonderful little hotel, very English, with a nice library/reading room, restaurant, and bar. It's right down the street from the Albert Memorial. ~150GBP in the fall.

The Vanderbilt is somewhat cheaper but still nice. As a chain, it has less character than the Gore, but it's not oppressively businesslike. It's actual one of the least "chainy" of the big hotel franchises I've seen. Decent bar, nice, spacious rooms. The location, though, is what really makes it a good deal. The Gloucester Road station is literally across the street, and Racine, Harrods, and the V&A are all within easy walking distance. What's really nice is that the hotel's just the right distance from the Knightsbridge Patisserie Valerie, so that you have a brisk walk to awaken you and hone the appetite before breakfast.

Do a search for shopping info.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely check out the large (4 or 5 stories) TopShop at Oxford Circus. There are many topshops but the biggest one is at Oxford Circus, at the top floor is TopMan, it is all mens clothes. Some very unique designs that you won't find anywhere else for a little bit cheaper than Banana Republic.

Of course the fashion is mainly for people in their 20s or early 30s, if you are older then maybe you'll have to look elsewhere.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your suggestions. I should have a good time...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.8%
  • 31 - 40