• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

London Shoe Shine

GodAtum

Reaction score
Is there anywhere in central London where I can get my shoes polished and shined?

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burlington Arcade near Picadilly and I think there's one in Leadenhall Market in the city.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylomilo
Selfridges at Oxford Street

Originally Posted by StephenStyle
Whereabouts? I've not seen one there before - handy to know.

The shoeshine in Selfridges hasn't been attended for yonks. The 'throne' is still there in the men's wear (between the Kurt Geiger shoe department and Christian Dior) but the chap who used to do the shoeshine, seems now to be working in the 'customer information' on the ground floor.

Maybe some enterprising member here can lease the shoeshine concession from Selfridges.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I believe it's GBP 3.50 plus VAT.

(just kidding about the VAT)

GodAtum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
I believe it's GBP 3.50 plus VAT.

(just kidding about the VAT)

Thanks
smile.gif
Would leather shoes appear mirror shiny afterwards and how long would it take?

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Try it out yourself!

Then come back to the forum and tell us if it was a life-changing experience.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GodAtum
Thanks
smile.gif

a (gentle)man shines his shoes himself... try it out, it's a lifechangigng experience

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
I've also seen a few chaps in Canary Wharf who do that sort of thing; oddly I haven't seen them in the City so much. Maybe I just haven't been to the right place.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marcellionheart
I've also seen a few chaps in Canary Wharf who do that sort of thing; oddly I haven't seen them in the City so much. Maybe I just haven't been to the right place.

They're dying out. There used to be one in the alleyway next to Liberty and also one in Harrods just outside the Green Man pub. All empty now.

The guy in Burlington always seems to be shining. I should think he makes a pretty penny.

Le Samourai

Reaction score
Devonshire Square near Liverpool Street Station has a shoe shine guy.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GodAtum
Thanks
smile.gif

He's so-so. I do a better job myself, but if I'm caught in a tight spot he does OK.

peterlondon

Reaction score
hello gents, im a first class shoeshine and take great pride in doing a good job, i used to have the poultry pitch, by bank station, now work in several london offices, i can come to your office or home to shine , have full kit with wax polish, horsehair brushes, if you require a shoeshine please contact me on 07930152201 or [email protected] i give a much better shine than if you do it yor self because if you are wearing them i am brushing against something solid with your foot in the shoe, and have both hands free for buff stage, thanks. peter

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads