• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

London Shirtmakers

machiavelli6

Reaction score
Hi! I'm looking to find a shirtmaker in London. I'm quite new to MTM shirts so going straight to the top isn't one of my main priorities. I'm mainly looking to for someone I can stay with for a while and quite regularly and with whom I can make a great relationship.

Can anyone recommend a nice bespoke shirtmaker in London?

Thanks!

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eat a lot of fish and chips with beer. Follow it up with coffee. Perfect recipe for a shitmaker

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There is any good shirtmaker in London, hence I aprove your tittle “shitmakers” lol

15p4yh0.png

Last edited:

Astaroth

Reaction score
First you say you want bespoke, then you say you want MTM and then go back to saying bespoke..... which one is it? What is your per shirt budget?

Assuming you do mean bespoke then the issue you are likely to come across is that most london based shirt makers are comparitavely expensive and often have a minimum order of 5 shirts. Obviously there are the very basic MTM options out there but you are limited with the amount of adjustments they make for you - eg havent seen any that allow you to set the wrist size. Alternatively there are travelling shirt makers that come to London periodically who, subject to currency movements, can offer much better value options and most dont have minimum order numbers.

machiavelli6

Reaction score
Sorry I meant to say MTM. My budget is around £100 a shirt and more than happy ordering 5 at a time.

I've heard of the travelling shirt makers. Have you had any experience with them personally, how was the quality?

Last edited:

BigBadBernard

Reaction score
I have a couple from Simone Abbarchi, who visits London a couple of times a year (check his website) and does what is essentially an MTM type service.

Shirts were pretty good - definitely better than any domestic MTM of comparable price. At the time (2/3 yrs ago) he was about E120 a shirt, depending on fabric. Plummeting £ won't have helped, but you could probably still come in at just over £100 p/s with the right fabric.

To be honest I haven't gone back because I tend to order shirts from HK these days using measurements from my best fitting bespokes, as I am not fussed about hand finishing and this works out a cheaper option, but I still regularly wear the shirts I got from Abbarchi.

Last edited:

machiavelli6

Reaction score
Thank you very much! Will definitely look into Simone Abbarchi. Where abouts exactly do you order your shirts from in HK?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads