• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

London shirtmakers

BlackBrumel

Reaction score
Gents,

Could you suggest some fine shirtmakers in London? I bought some decent ones at Hawes & Curtis, two years ago, but I would like to know other labels.

Sorry for the poorness of my English,

And thank you.

Siggy

Reaction score
I suggest you do a search here. Other makers include TM Lewin, Charles Tyrwhitt, Harvie & Hudson, Anderson & Sheppard, Budd, etc. Most are located in Jerymn St.

BlackBrumel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Siggy
I suggest you do a search here. Other makers include TM Lewin, Charles Tyrwhitt, Harvie & Hudson, Anderson & Sheppard, Budd, etc. Most are located in Jerymn St.

Thanks, my dear.

I'll search the makers you suggested on the web! I'm also interested in a double breasted navy regimental jacket (w/ golden buttons). It's impossible to find a nice one in Brazil. Have you a suggestion?

all the best!

GBer

Reaction score
Jermyn Street http://www.jermynstreet.net/jermynstreet/?category=4

RTW: Roderick Charles, T.M.Lewin, Hackett, Hawes & Curtis, Thomas Pink, Charles Tyrwhitt

Bespoke: Emmett Shirts, New & Lingwood, Turnbull & Asser, Hilditch & Key, Herbie Frogg, Harvie & Hudson, Duchamp (some also make RTW)

Savile Row

Davies and Son, Gieves & Hawkes, H. Huntsman & Sons, Hardy Amies, Henry Poole & Co, Kilgour, Norton & Sons, Nutters, Ozwald Boateng, Steed, Stowers

Have fun looking and please post pics if and when you get whatever.

MrChris

Reaction score
I'm also heading to London in a few weeks. Already browsed the Jermyn street website quite a bit, it features links to most of the mentioned stores webshops.

Really looking forward to that trip, will do my wardrobe good, but not the bank account.
laugh.gif

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hilditch and Key still has there sale online and I assume in their
Shops. On sale, the shirts are real bargains for the quality.

BlackBrumel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
Hilditch and Key still has there sale online and I assume in their
Shops. On sale, the shirts are real bargains for the quality.

Indeed, but the problem about the sales is the lack of sizes.

GBer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlackBrumel
Could you suggest some fine shirtmakers in London? I bought some decent ones at Hawes & Curtis, two years ago, but I would like to know other labels.

See also http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=674

Seems that H&C is not what it used to be. Probably owned by someone else now.

http://www.hawesandcurtis.com/

But if you go to their website the deals are there. 3 shirts for 68 quid and shirts starting at 18 quid.

Can anyone who has one of these shirts comment on their quality, fit, & finish? The prices seem unreal. Probably too good to be true.

aMb

Reaction score
H&C has the poorest quality of all the Jermyn Steet shirtmakers (IMO). Fabrics and construction at H&K are pretty nice and are worth any premium, but if you're stuggling to find anything in their sales I quite liked the shirts from H&H.

GBer

Reaction score
T&A Sea Islands are quite nice, but definitely not discounted...

BlackBrumel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBer
See also http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=674

Seems that H&C is not what it used to be. Probably owned by someone else now.

http://www.hawesandcurtis.com/

But if you go to their website the deals are there. 3 shirts for 68 quid and shirts starting at 18 quid.

Can anyone who has one of these shirts comment on their quality, fit, & finish? The prices seem unreal. Probably too good to be true.

I bought some H&C's, last time I was in London, summer/2010. I liked them: suited me and they are very well fineshed, fine fabric and I use to wear w/ or without tie. I payed about $ 25,00 each. The problem is the lack of options on sizes and patterns.

water

Reaction score
I prefer Harvie and Hudson. I feel they are much better quality than Hawes and Curtis. For me, probably the best 'bargain' on Jermyn Street.

The one drawback to H&H is the button cuffs all have chest pockets. So, I only buy double cuff from them.

BlackBrumel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlackBrumel
I bought some H&C's, last time I was in London, summer/2010. I liked them: suited me and they are very well fineshed, fine fabric and I use to wear w/ or without tie. I payed about $ 25,00 each. The problem is the lack of options on sizes and patterns.

summer/2008, I mean.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
A&S, so far as I know, do not make shirts.

The three most highly regarded makers in London, AFAIK, are Sean O'Flynn, Robert Whittaker (Dege) and David Gale (T&A). I personally don't like T&A but I have no shirts from Gale.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If you're after RTW, Hilditch would be my rec.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads