1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

London School of Economics

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jorgeezy, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Jorgeezy

Jorgeezy Senior member

Oh, I know. I don't live too far from Birmingham and it really doesn't phase me [​IMG]

If I don't get the A* in A2 Maths I have to go to Nottingham anyway as it will be my insurance aha!

2. Tangfastic

Tangfastic Senior member

Nottingham was my insurance choice too and it certainly didn't ruin my life going there. There's a lot of student life, it's a safe city and it's a lot cheaper than London and Bath.

Good luck with your results!

3. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Remember you get more loan for going to London, I don't know if you'll have more for what you need to spend than Bath and Nottingham but you shouldn't be too short for cash there.

4. Jorgeezy

Jorgeezy Senior member

The cost has never really been one of the significant factors in my choice anyway, it's not a big deal when you're talking about the rest of your life, right?

So many of my peers don't understand how the new (or old) system works and I know some very capable people are going to live at home and go to a uni that is below them just because of "costs" [​IMG]

5. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

It will be when you need to buy food, transport and a place to live. Sheffield > all :D

Edit: if I didn't want to move back to Yorkshire I'd have stayed at home and commuted to Birmingham or Manchester. If the university is just as good it makes sense to save the £4k a year or whatever you spend living on your own and take the £4k loan.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  6. NeopreneJeans

NeopreneJeans Senior member

I'll be applying with my first year grades from the Uni of London external programme. Only recently got my trial exam grades back, which I used to apply. Got all A's though.

I wanted Bath over Bristol too, but they don't accept 2nd year transfers apparently. :(

7. Jorgeezy

Jorgeezy Senior member

Sucks man!

That's amazing, surely you stand a very good chance with A's at university level? I bet most transfers are because people UNDERperformed!

Yeah I am pretty excited about Bath, but I think I would have to choose LSE over it! Not a massive upset if I don't get a place though :)