• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

London restaurant

Tibo

Reaction score
I'll be in London for a week-end beginning of December and I always struggle to find nice restaurants there.

Any advice for a restaurant/cafÃ
00a9.png
in Mayfair/Central London/St James/... around 30 GBP per person (wines included) ? Restaurants in fancy hotels are definitely an option...

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard about a restaurant in London a little while ago that sounds cool. Their mission is to create the ultimate dining experience, and to achieve this they serve their food in a completely dark, music free room. The theory behind this is that by removing external stimuli, your meal will become much more intense.

The restaurant's name is Dans le Noir and the price range is close to what you're looking for.

Also, go for tea at the Ritz! You have to book at leat 4-5 weeks in advance so you'd have to do that pretty soon...

Tibo

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm looking for something less special than "Dans le Noir" though.

Do you really have to book 4 weeks in advance to have tea there !?
EDIT. I checked on their website. Actually there's no space available anymore for either one of those days (at any hour). Moreover they're asking for formal wear and I don't plan to travel with a suit and a tie.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
I heard about a restaurant in London a little while ago that sounds cool. Their mission is to create the ultimate dining experience, and to achieve this they serve their food in a completely dark, music free room. The theory behind this is that by removing external stimuli, your meal will become much more intense. The restaurant's name is Dans le Noir and the price range is close to what you're looking for. Also, go for tea at the Ritz! You have to book at leat 4-5 weeks in advance so you'd have to do that pretty soon...
Funny, I heard of a similar place in Paris over by the Pompidou.

Bouji

Reaction score
Cecconi's Mayfair

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads